By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My 2 cents on why isn't Nintendo releasing / announcing many games ...

... For EU / US

Asnwer: 3rd parties. Yes it may sound crazy but I dare you to read my whole thread.

We all know that Nintendo hasn't released much in the last months and won't release much in the upcoming. You might say that 3rd parties had enough time to release games in this time frame however the point that some people miss is that games compete not only for store shelves but also for your money and most important for your time.

MP 3 = ~25 hours.

MK Wii = 100 hours maybe due to the endless multiplayer fun ?

SSBB = 100 hours for the same reason as MK Wii ?

Wii Sports = ~40 hours because everytime someone not interested in video games comes to your place you just HAVE TO show him the awesomes of the tennis or boxing or golf ?

SMG = ~40 hours due to the awesomes of Mario and later on Luigi ?

TP = ~60 hours because you can't find the damn heart pieces ?

Wii Fit = ~2-4 hours per week because you hope that someday your belly won't be that big anymore so you can see your penis when you stand up ?

There are many 3rd party awesome games but when the people that bought a Wii less than a year ago will have time to play them ? It's not the poor quality of the 3rd party games but the awesomes of Nintendo's main IPs that stops us getting 3rd party games before we finish Nintendo ones.

I would love to play several 3rd party games but I simply don't have time ! I still have to play SSBB which I've just bought lol. If no good games are released until Joly 2009 I'll still have great games to play.

I know, not everyone of you got their Wii 8 months ago like i did, but you have to consider the fact that about 50% of the Wii owners bought theirs less than 1 year ago.

My wish list:

Wario Land: Shake It!

Zack & wiki

Disaster

Games I own and haven't played:

SSBB

Thanks to the few of you who read this thread to it's end :)

Around the Network

Disaster and Punch Out are going to be released in the US (and probably EU).

I agree. It remains a mystery to me why so many people keep yelling the Wii has no worthy games to play on, while I honeslty think there are too many!

Exactly. People need to be more appreciative!
Also Faithraven, WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS SITE?!?! SSBB AWAITS!

@ Mr.Y
I know, but I was talking about games already released which everyone can pick at their closest store right now.

@ Chrizum
Whats even funny is that people whining about not having new games also writes on other threads that they have games bought which they didn't got to play yet.

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
Exactly. People need to be more appreciative!
Also Faithraven, WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS SITE?!?! SSBB AWAITS!

I have 3 very valid reasons:

1. I'm from EU, late release

2. My initial order got lost so I had to wait almost 2 months for a replacement.

3. The game arrived 2 games ago but guess what ! it won't play ... Going to get my Wii replaced next week (I hope).

I hope that you will forgive me after reading this 3 reasons :)

This doesn't make sense. I can easily rip through the 365 hours you listed within 3 months, even less if the game is amazing. I don't need a whole year to get through a game I can finish in a week.

Ofcourse Nintendo is going to announce games. When sales start to die down then they are definately going to announce new games.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

It's because it takes something called "time" and "effort" to make those games. Not many gamers seem to understand those words, or so it seems...

RolStoppable said:

What are those many awesome 3rd party games you speak of?

@DTG: Because we all know that all people have as much time for videogames as you have. My Wii has exceeded 2.500 hours of total playtime, but I am aware that not everyone has as much time for games as I have.

So then nerds like us don't deserve new games? Nintendo should supply all walks of gamers with new software not just the casuals. I still remember the NOA who condecendingly said during some press conference that only "nerds and otaku" care about the storage solution. The fact that he hasn't been fired for such a grossly inappropriate and offensive comment shows you where Nintendo's loyalties lie.