By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - new video card = no movies?

So I got a new video card last weekend, everything works fine.  Decided to play a movie tonight (using windows media player), and I get blue screened.  Try again, happens again.  Try playing a song, it works fine.  Download updated drivers, try again, happens again.  So does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do?  I have an nvidia 9800gt card and this is the only thing that doesn't seem to like it.

Around the Network
cwbys21 said:

So I got a new video card last weekend, everything works fine.  Decided to play a movie tonight (using windows media player), and I get blue screened.  Try again, happens again.  Try playing a song, it works fine.  Download updated drivers, try again, happens again.  So does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do?  I have an nvidia 9800gt card and this is the only thing that doesn't seem to like it.

it may be a codec that you have, try getting k-lite codec pack ( first uninstall any other codecs you have) and try watching the movie again. If you still get blue screened then you should try a different movie player, such as vlc.