By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Apparently, Sony still has 60gb NA ps3's!

So my ps3 has been broken since sept 14 (it red lighted as I like to call it) and the problem was serious enough that sony couldn't fix it because they sent me a brand new ps3 with a different S/N and a manufactory date of march 07...surprising.

My biggest gripe upon losing my system was the fact that I was likely to get one of the gimped newer models and not the one I paid for. Thankfully, this isn't the case.

However, I still have a problem, due to the fact that they sent me a new ps3, my 320gb HDD (which I was using for the last one) would most likely get cleaned out when I install it, wiping all my saves and downloads. I'll try to figure out a way around this. Not all is lost though as I switched to the 320gb hdd only in august and still have the back up files I created then on my external usb hdd.

On the bright side, to all those who are among my 100 friends on PSN, pristine20 is back baby! What did I miss since sept 14?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Congrats on getting your PS3 Back. I Always wondered what would happen if my 60GB PS3 broke within warranty. Now i know. Thanks

blazinhead89 said:
Congrats on getting your PS3 Back. I Always wondered what would happen if my 60GB PS3 broke within warranty. Now i know. Thanks

you're welcome lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler