By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 360 is doing its job right.

Even though most people have the PS3 outselling the 360 in a few years, I think as for right now, that idea is becoming harder to achieve. There is a 5 million unit gap between the PS3 and the 360 for those who haven’t cared to notice. These past 6 months I’ve been here on VGChartz, I don’t remember the 360 being outsold by the PS3 by an astounding amount. Bursts of 50k and such may have happened, but as of late, the 360 has been rebounding and making the closing of the gap that much prolonged. The Others numbers from this week also prove something else. The PS3 and 360 are in the EXACT same “Ocean” if you will. 360 price cut= decreased PS3 sales, but minimal Wii decrease. They are appealing towards the same demographics and it is really troubling.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

No one got the memo? lol

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The PS3 sales did not decrease much actually, just by 1k... But I think you're right, the PS3 may very well outsell the 360 in the long run, but as of now, I can't believe it will be by a huge amount. Outselling it by maybe 10 million in the end makes no practical difference at all really.

It's a sales thread on the gaming forum.

We do have a sales forum, did you know?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

"360 price cut= decreased PS3 sales,"

==> YEP, this 1k decrease was insane (if my memory is good)

Seriously, wait a little and then come back about a "TREND".

Again, to me, late october : PS3 > Xbox360 WW
(for how long, that I dont know)

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Yes, proving that msoft is undercutting Sony is going to be very difficult until we can see how they would charge with no sony in the market.

360 has done amazing this Gen....thats for sure!

1. Thus far this year, the ps3 has otusold the 360 by an average of 40k a week, including the recent weeks following the 360's price drops. During August and July, this number averaged even higher, and it was during this time many speculated that this gap would increase dramatically over the holidays, allowing the ps3 to make considerable gains on the 360's LTD this year.

Then the price cuts came, and things obviously changed.

2. The 360's price has gone as low as it feasibly can to spur sales in the EU and Japan. Any sizeable gains from price cuts have already been achieved, and once sales die down form the recent price cuts, the 360 will be just about dead in the water in these territories. All it has left is NA, where the price is already $199. Compare this to the ps3, which is still very expensive in all regions, and has much to be gained from future price cuts. If you think the ps3 will be outselling the 360 by "only" 50k a week next year - or rather, after it's next price drop - you're in for a big surprise.

I never said or implied this was a trend. HECK NO. I'm saying they are keeping Sony from exceeding them saleswise with these few bursts of sales. It makes a little more ground to cover for the PS3, that's all.

makingmusic476 said:

1. Thus far this year, the ps3 has otusold the 360 by an average of 40k a week, including the recent weeks following the 360's price drops. During August and July, this number averaged even higher, and it was during this time many speculated that this gap would increase dramatically over the holidays, allowing the ps3 to make considerable gains on the 360's LTD this year.

Then the price cuts came, and things obviously changed.

2. The 360's price has gone as low as it feasibly can to spur sales in the EU and Japan. Any sizeable gains from price cuts have already been achieved, and once sales die down form the recent price cuts, the 360 will be just about dead in the water in these territories. All it has left is NA, where the price is already $199. Compare this to the ps3, which is still very expensive in all regions, and has much to be gained from future price cuts. If you think the ps3 will be outselling the 360 by "only" 50k a week next year - or rather, after it's next price drop - you're in for a big surprise.

You are under the assumption that the sales will die down, who says at he $200.00 price cut the sales stay high.  The system is finally at a mass market price

The 360 has done a great job this generation against Sony, WII is unstoppable

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks