By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 PRICE CUT DECEMBER 1st???

I happen to work at best buy as a sales professional and as i was browsing our system through shipments of the ps3 i noticed that we are going to get the ps3 now 75 $ cheaper, starting december 1st.  Extremely excited i went ahead and checked the price best buy offered and it was set for 349.99 USD. for the month of december. I double checked it and couldnt believe my eyes but then the question appeared in my head, if best buys pays 75$ less, why would it be just 50$ cheaper and not 75?

Is best buy stealing our money now lol

Around the Network

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but since this appearing in nowhere else...

Who cares about Best Buy and its stealing?! Kidding... kinda.

But the super-amazing highlight is that we have a 1st party electronic store confirming a price cut! Beautiful. If this is wrong though... damn.

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour

yep many stores are doing this.
gamesopt 50 bucks off

i ll try getting a pic with my cell phone next time i work, i just hope they dont have cameras lol ;)

Around the Network

If we got stuff like this in our systems at GameStop this early, I could corroborate. Everything gets added way late for us, though.

i jsut cant believe it and that rite before christmas! if all models drop like that then we should be right in the heat of the console war by chrismas! that should really help in sales

December would be a retarded time to drop the price, the smarter time would be September or October. The console is going to sell during December and doesn't need a push. It needs the push in September and October.

That's why I smell bullshit.

twesterm said:
December would be a retarded time to drop the price, the smarter time would be September or October. The console is going to sell during December and doesn't need a push. It needs the push in September and October.

That's why I smell bullshit.

Also, can you imagine how many people over the next 2 months will buy a PS3 as a present and what would happen if a decent price reduction happened on December 1st? Tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands of systems would be returned to stores, and these same stores would suffer millions of dollars in losses to make their customers happy.

Even if stores did see a reduction in their cost to buy the system, this would most likely result in them using excessive bundles to sell the system; last year (for example) I saw several deals that involved selling a PS3, a HDMI cable, the remote controll, a game or a controller (and in one case a game and a controller) for $450 ...

Bad time for a price cut, I imagine if they were to drop the price they would want to get it in before Black Friday.