By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Fairytale Fights (looks like an interesting game to me) achievement list, so probably similar trophies:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/fairytale-fights/achievements/

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
KylieDog said:

Anyway, I need get 2000 more kills and load a save file I can buy dark spells with and the Platinum will be mine, I'm gonna alter my PS3 clock and see what happens with that trophy site.

Ok I tried this, I wasn't signed in to the PSN but my PS3 was connected to the internet (it always is).  My PS3 ignored the date set on on it and used the internet date for the trophy time stamp.

I don't know what happens if you aren't connected to the net at all.  Perhaps someone else could test that.

Ok i just did this with the internet set to disabled and even unplugged my ethernet cable and it still knew the right date and time unless it picking up the wifi with some sort of black magic or something i don't know how it does it

I guess unless you have a brand new ps3 that has never been connected the internet but who has not done that so the leaderboards are safe and sound

EDIT: And a question why are there so many of you with the eu playstation trophy card does it have the best features or just personal preference?

@Affliction
I think it was the first "official" trophy card that allowed syncing with your profile instead of manually adding trophies so many people signed up. Otherwise if your ps3trophycard updates automatically for you then thats a good one. I liked it until mine stopped updating so I switched. With the eu trophy card you still have to refresh the card from their website. Also the ps3 trophy guide page is another nice addition and you need to sign up for the eu trophy card for that to work.

KylieDog said:

The moment you connect a new PS3 to the internet (in order to sync trophies) your PS3 will be able to work out the time gap of when the trophy was earned and its relation to the internet time stamp.

...I would imagine.

That makes perfect sense.  It probably keeps a local timestamp and then calculates the difference between the local timestamp and the internet time when it synchs, which is essentially what you just said.  I'm surprised that didn't occur to me before... and more surprised that whoever coded the system before realized the need for it.

Around the Network

@KylieDog
Well thats great news that no one can cheat the system. Pretty amazing the PS3 can keep track of time that way.

HideoK said:
@Affliction
I think it was the first "official" trophy card that allowed syncing with your profile instead of manually adding trophies so many people signed up. Otherwise if your ps3trophycard updates automatically for you then thats a good one. I liked it until mine stopped updating so I switched. With the eu trophy card you still have to refresh the card from their website. Also the ps3 trophy guide page is another nice addition and you need to sign up for the eu trophy card for that to work.

Ahh that explains a lot thanks and Im thinking of using the us playstation one cause the one Im using currently the leaderborads and trophy percentages aren't tracking well anymore 

Got NGS2 during the lunch and the slaughtering has started !

Everyone that is serious about trophies got to get it !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Got NGS2 during the lunch and the slaughtering has started !

Everyone that is serious about trophies got to get it !

Releases in Europe this friday will get it then. About the trophies it dosen´t look like there will be a  trophy for beating it on Master ninja.

UNCHARTED 2

10/10

EUROGAMER

IM LOSING IT OMG

ITS HISTORIC LIKE THE MOON LANDING

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.