By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Wish somebody was competing with me for top plats :(, bit boring having no one close now that the guy who was below me left.

Around the Network
Ail said:
Jboy0990 said:
Here's a Madden story for ya Ail
I was playing my second game online(whooped the first guy 21-6) and i was playing the Browns. Well this guy's tactic was wildcat formation run with quarterback(Josh Cribbs) and usually when people do this it means they are scared to pass it. Well he was winning 14-3 in the 4th i drove down the field and scored and went for 2 to make it 14-11(down just by 3 so a field goal could tie) Well he failed on his next drive and i got the ball back and slowly went down the field and scored with a minute left 14-18. He was trying the same stuff and finally started doing short passes t get to the 12 yard line with 12 seconds left. He throws it to the endzone... Interception on the 1 yard line with 3 seconds left haha. probably one of my closest Madden games played now i am 2-0 Woo!!

Nice one :p

Still doesn't beat my superbowl win on the last play on the game on a 70 yards tipped pass :P

Almost like the Broncos TD this week end against the Bengal except in my case the pass was to Marshal, a defender tipped it and Marshal still caught it :P

I haven't played online otherwise, the CPU is enough of an opponent for me... My understanding however is that you will meet a lot of players exploiting the passes to the flats.( it's hard to counter except with a cover 2 or you have to control your best MLB and have him follow the opposing RB, because a CB ain't gonna tackle Adrian Peterson in the flats..)

Yeah the main problem online is people will pick teams with a good RB and throw in the flat or throw screens... BUT after countless years of online Madden playing i know how to counter it. Simple Cover 3 press it makes the corner move in on zone coverage and most of the time will intercept those fast passes to the flat. Now that the wildcat formation is online i need to find a good tactic to stop that because the guy last night was getting huge chunks of yards with that

KylieDog said: 

Over here new games are usually £40, the GOTY Edition is £30 only.  Is it not a lowered price in the US?

I will always take a physical copy over digital given the choice, even if I pay a little more because of it.  What happens in 10 years if my PS3 breaks?  Will that DLC still be there for me to re-download?  I think at some point they are going to have to cut off older downloads, during a future gen of consoles.

It's effectively full price on Amazon as of right now and releasing 10/13, but I would expect a large number of deals as the holidays come up.  I agree with wanting the disc version... I can probably sell my old version to my friend or something.

It occurs to me that it's entirely possible they could do something like "here's the GOTY edition... it's the same as the old edition but it comes with codes to download the DLC!," especially if the playstation versions aren't done yet, although I think I would have heard if that was the case.

Finally, PoP platinum trophy is mine...

And Im holding at 17. Good enough, I guess.

And I returned Batman with 3 combat challenges missing. Afyer I passed the first Extreme one, my patience just ran out.

I was already late with returning to the store, so I just returned it. Maybe in the future I will return it.

Im thinking about getting back on Resistance 2. Even without the 10,000 kills trophy, there is still a few I can get.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

I know its most likely a shared account but he/they got Warhawk platinum.

http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/DEMON-ONE13/163

Well first time since i joined the league i dropped places but i don't just play any game for trophies and the next one i'll get is uncharted 2 so i will continue to fall but as long as i stay in the top 50 i'll be happy

@HideoK I am also planing on going back to RE5 to finish the wins trophies after im finished with Fat Princess it's been bugging me to go back and finish the them

KylieDog said:
Mark51501000 said:
KylieDog said:
The GOTY edition releases the 16th of next month. If these DLC are £6 then it works out the same as buying the GOTY edition to get them all, except you get to have it on disk. Probably don't need wait multiple weeks for all the DLC to release either.

Ya the GOTY is being released on the 16th but think of this. If you are tite on cash the GOTY is i think 59.99 or 69.99 i could be wrong. but the 5 DLC are i beleave to be 9.99 each so thats 50 bones. im going to wait for all of the DLC to come out.

Over here new games are usually £40, the GOTY Edition is £30 only.  Is it not a lowered price in the US?

I will always take a physical copy over digital given the choice, even if I pay a little more because of it.  What happens in 10 years if my PS3 breaks?  Will that DLC still be there for me to re-download?  I think at some point they are going to have to cut off older downloads, during a future gen of consoles.

ye if you but somthing off of PSN it will be in your downloaded history so you can redownload it if your ps breaks. and in the US games run about 50 bones so its gana b like 59.

Games That i have Platinum: Terminator Salvation, The Godfather 2, Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, Call of duty WAW, Resident Evil 5, The Lord of the Rings Conquest and Harry Pothead and the Half Blood Prince.

Tbone said:

I know its most likely a shared account but he/they got Warhawk platinum.

http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/DEMON-ONE13/163

Of course its a shared account...  I wish there was a site with people who DON'T share their accounts... That leaderboard is ridiculous. Seriously 70 platinums? gtfoh can nobody convince me he got those just himself there are more than 1 maybe even 2 people playing Hakoom's account. along with the rest of them

Mark51501000 said:
ye if you but somthing off of PSN it will be in your downloaded history so you can redownload it if your ps breaks. and in the US games run about 50 bones so its gana b like 59.

His point is that in 10 years, the file might not be there for you to download, whether it's in your history or not.