By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

postofficebuddy said:
Wow, 4 months later and someone finally gets MGS2. Are the VR missions really that hard? Good job Maximus. And thanks for the update Arc.

Thanks man!  99% aren't hard at all but that last percent is a real bugger.  A couple of the Snake sniper missions really tested my will to keep my controller in one piece.  It's a very satisfying platinum though.  I kind of wish that there was a trophy for Big Boss rank to knock this one up to a 5 star plat.

Thanks for the good work as usual Arc.

Around the Network
Ail said:
Well just pre-ordered the DMC HD collection for free ( thanks ME 3 10$ gift card and Amazon rewards points).
So far this year I purchase Kingdom of Amalur full price and got ME3 and DMC HD for free and have 20$ of rewards left, I'm liking Amazon more and more...

With my Amazon pre-order credit and credit card rewards I've been getting free games for years. Its the bomb.com. Actually last year I didn't pay for a single game out of pocket all the way until December. I believe I got 15-16 games for free, I'd have to double check my records. Other reason I did so well is cause I used amazon trade in which netted me even more gift cards last year. A few games, like COD: Black Ops I would get a $20 gift card and trade it in for $42 after getting platinum. Basically amazon paid me $2 to play that game.. it's so good it almost feels like a crime.

@Xenostar
Wow, I go away for a weeks vacation and come back and your nearly 50% higher than me in trophy level! Slow down man. Don't rush, just enjoy the games you play

On another note I played a bunch of Uncharted Vita on my plane rides and after getting all trophies except for the bounties I see your point about their designed for not meaning for you to grind it out. I must learn how to use this NEAR for trades.

Ail said:
Well just pre-ordered the DMC HD collection for free ( thanks ME 3 10$ gift card and Amazon rewards points).
So far this year I purchase Kingdom of Amalur full price and got ME3 and DMC HD for free and have 20$ of rewards left, I'm liking Amazon more and more...

It generally gets even better around Black Friday when Amazon starts doing a bunch of deals, although this past year they really just seemed to copy other retailers' deals.

Chevinator123 said:
I got 2 more trophy's left in Uncharted 3, so i was on chapter 6 of my crushing playthough when i decided id load up my other save file and go for the 75 kills without dieing trophy when i loaded it up i saved over my crushing save...so i was like dammit, oh well not too big of a deal..so i still went for 75 kills trophy and i died 8 times while platforming.................fk this

Haha, I can't count how many times I was going to the 75 kills trophy, only to die on a platforming section.

Around the Network
MasterVG71782 said:
Chevinator123 said:
I got 2 more trophy's left in Uncharted 3, so i was on chapter 6 of my crushing playthough when i decided id load up my other save file and go for the 75 kills without dieing trophy when i loaded it up i saved over my crushing save...so i was like dammit, oh well not too big of a deal..so i still went for 75 kills trophy and i died 8 times while platforming.................fk this

Haha, I can't count how many times I was going to the 75 kills trophy, only to die on a platforming section.

I got a tip for that 75 kill trophy. I was in the sniper section and Chase died. Because it wasn't me that died the counter didn't reset I guess so I took advantage of that and let Chase die a few more times. I imagine this would work for any of the turret sections covering Sully or Dante and would speed that trophy up.

HideoK said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Chevinator123 said:

I got a tip for that 75 kill trophy. I was in the sniper section and Chase died. Because it wasn't me that died the counter didn't reset I guess so I took advantage of that and let Chase die a few more times. I imagine this would work for any of the turret sections covering Sully or Dante and would speed that trophy up.

Chase and Dante? You must be talking about Golden Abyss while I think Chevinator was talking about Drake's Deception.

On a side note how was Golden Abyss? Better than Drake's Fortune? Also does it have online play?

Thanks for the update Arc!

Yo getrdone went Ham! Holy shit what a week. I remember when I had the time to play. I remember platting W@W, Sonic Genesis Collection, Dead Space, and I think Prince of Persia for my first four plats in one week. Now I'm lucky to get a plat in a month. Just got Sly Cooper 1 last night it was easy. Now I'm just playin FFXIII grinding for xp to fully max out everyone and beat that pain in the ass in the last Cie'th Mission -_-. Also, back when I played this I know I got every item i saw but are there any missable items for the 'Treasure Hunter' trophy?

I'm finally at trophy level 5!

Jboy0990 said:
Yo getrdone went Ham! Holy shit what a week. I remember when I had the time to play. I remember platting W@W, Sonic Genesis Collection, Dead Space, and I think Prince of Persia for my first four plats in one week. Now I'm lucky to get a plat in a month. Just got Sly Cooper 1 last night it was easy. Now I'm just playin FFXIII grinding for xp to fully max out everyone and beat that pain in the ass in the last Cie'th Mission -_-. Also, back when I played this I know I got every item i saw but are there any missable items for the 'Treasure Hunter' trophy?

I believe there are a few accessories that are missable, if you sold some that you found during the game. I know the elemental rings and charms are some of the biggest culprits that many people screw up with and sell. As long as you didn't sell anything at all (you don't really need to, IMO), then you should be fine.