By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Ail said:
Arcturus said:
I started Dark Souls a few days ago, and I'm still getting the hang of the new concepts. I'm also having some trouble deciding what weapons and armour to upgrade, along with what character stats to increase when leveling. It seems like I should be doing a lot of character planning before I decide what to upgrade and where to assign stats, but I have no idea what type of character I want to play down the road.

Question for those who have played Dark Souls: This seems to occur randomly, but there have been a few times so far where I observe my character absorbing some sort of gold coloured mist or spirit. I have no idea what this is. I thought it may be someone upvoting my comments, but my humanity counter doesn't increase when it happened. This also occurred once when I was standing still, so I don't think it's something I actively did. Any idea what this is?

It should be  humanity.

If you are in an area where you haven't killed the boss you will earn humanity killing enemies in that area ( every X enemy you get humanity)..

PS : Don't worry too much about character planning, weapons are much less dependant on stats than in Demon's Souls. Once you have the stats required to wield a wepaon, increasing those stats does not increase the weapon's damage that much...

Hmm, maybe it is humanity and I just didn't notice the counter increasing. Thanks.

Around the Network

As I expected Sony and third parties are moving toward digital download.
I just noticed today that you can actually pre-order ME3 on the PSN..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Arcturus said:
I started Dark Souls a few days ago, and I'm still getting the hang of the new concepts. I'm also having some trouble deciding what weapons and armour to upgrade, along with what character stats to increase when leveling. It seems like I should be doing a lot of character planning before I decide what to upgrade and where to assign stats, but I have no idea what type of character I want to play down the road.

Question for those who have played Dark Souls: This seems to occur randomly, but there have been a few times so far where I observe my character absorbing some sort of gold coloured mist or spirit. I have no idea what this is. I thought it may be someone upvoting my comments, but my humanity counter doesn't increase when it happened. This also occurred once when I was standing still, so I don't think it's something I actively did. Any idea what this is?

It should be  humanity.

If you are in an area where you haven't killed the boss you will earn humanity killing enemies in that area ( every X enemy you get humanity)..

PS : Don't worry too much about character planning, weapons are much less dependant on stats than in Demon's Souls. Once you have the stats required to wield a wepaon, increasing those stats does not increase the weapon's damage that much...

So it's happened a few more times now, and it looks like I'm getting an extra Estus Flask.

Arcturus said:
Ail said:
Arcturus said:

It should be  humanity.

So it's happened a few more times now, and it looks like I'm getting an extra Estus Flask.

some one kindled the last bonfire you rested at your Estus went up by one

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Addicted to dungeon defenders so earning no triphys really of late, just challenges on insane and two or three main levels to go on insane and il be nearly done :)

Around the Network

I LOVE how vita list DLC in a seperate sub folder when looking at trophies, even when looking at PS3 games. The PS3 should do this.

mattbfg said:
Addicted to dungeon defenders so earning no triphys really of late, just challenges on insane and two or three main levels to go on insane and il be nearly done :)

I wish the could release the PC DLC of that game on the PSN...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Took a little break from stuff to go back and run through Ys: Oath in Felghana on Inferno. Good GOD the final boss was hard.

I think I might finally cave in and get PS+. I've been considering it for a while now and with my HDD just upgraded now seems like a good time. That should help with my overall trophy count. Been working on White Knight Chronicles lately. Making slow but steady progress. Just got the 3000 monster trophy.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
I think I might finally cave in and get PS+. I've been considering it for a while now and with my HDD just upgraded now seems like a good time. That should help with my overall trophy count. Been working on White Knight Chronicles lately. Making slow but steady progress. Just got the 3000 monster trophy.

You still have a long, long ways to go if you want the platinum :P

Speaking of WKC1, do you play online and is there still somewhat of a community on that game? I only ask because the online community in WKC2 seems kind of not as popular as WKC was when I was playing that (given I played it fairly close to launch).