By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

@maximus22
Ooooh should Dead Space 2 be knocked up to a 4 star?
Only 3 saves allowed to beat the hardcore mode was tough!
That would only be my 2nd 4 star plat if true. Killzone 2 is my only other one.

Seeing this got me looking up one of the hardest most frustrating game I barely got through again:
Call of Duty: World at War (thanks to veteran).
Looks like that has moved up to an 8/10 average.

@Arcturus
I propose a bump from 3 to 4 here.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/call-duty-world-war/8414-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Around the Network
HideoK said:
@maximus22

Seeing this got me looking up one of the hardest most frustrating game I barely got through again:

@Arcturus

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/call-duty-world-war/8414-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Compared to the other CoD games, I think World at War is definitely the toughest to get platinum, only because of the grenade-a-thon that is Veteran.

HideoK said:
@maximus22

@Arcturus

I'll take a look when I do the update tomorrow.

Dead Space 2 - 3 save trophy was evil. Don't remind me of that torture.

I think Dead Space 2 is fine where it's at as hardcore mode wasn't all that hardcore.

And I use to think Mirror's Edge deserved a 4* (due to the time trials) but after playing it again when PSN went down in april, I beat all my old times and nearly went on to perfect every trial except 1.

As for my other 4* plat Killzone 2. I can't really make a judgement as I haven't replayed it in some time...

Around the Network
AFFLICTION said:
I think Dead Space 2 is fine where it's at as hardcore mode wasn't all that hardcore.

And I use to think Mirror's Edge deserved a 4* (due to the time trials) but after playing it again when PSN went down in april, I beat all my old times and nearly went on to perfect every trial except 1.

As for my other 4* plat Killzone 2. I can't really make a judgement as I haven't replayed it in some time...

Hardcore was every bit as tough and much more flustering than either Demon's Souls or Mirror's edge IMO, it just didn't take as long.  I don't think it needs to be changed I was just honestly wondering where the difference is.

AFFLICTION said:

Even if you know the routes to take, it still takes skill to pull off the runs in Mirror's Edge. Some of the trials and speedruns don't have a lot of room for error and this is one of the few games where skill plays a huge factor in getting platinum.

I finished the single player campaign of Assassin's Creed Revelations a few days ago and decided to try out the multiplayer portion. AC Revelations requires an online pass for the multiplayer portion of the game. Like other games, the pass comes free with new copies of the game and is included on a separate sheet within the game case. For those that don't know, all games sold in Canada include a duplicate set of french contents (instruction manual, online passes, marketing materials, etc) in the game case.

So, I opened up the game case to search for the online pass. There were two instruction manuals (one in English, and one in French) and two sheets for the online pass. Since they don't want to provide two online passes inside of each new copy, they only include the code on the English sheet. On the French sheet, they instruct you to refer to the English sheet.

Well guess what? My copy of the game had to French online pass sheets inside the game case and no English sheet. Therefore, I didn't receive an online pass code. The game was purchased brand new and was a Christmas gift.

Thankfully Ubisoft allows to you try out the multiplayer for free with a free 3-day trial, so I was able to check it out. The multiplayer is quite fun, but I'm still pissed about their screw up.

Arcturus said:
I finished the single player campaign of Assassin's Creed Revelations a few days ago and decided to try out the multiplayer portion. AC Revelations requires an online pass for the multiplayer portion of the game. Like other games, the pass comes free with new copies of the game and is included on a separate sheet within the game case. For those that don't know, all games sold in Canada include a duplicate set of french contents (instruction manual, online passes, marketing materials, etc) in the game case.

So, I opened up the game case to search for the online pass. There were two instruction manuals (one in English, and one in French) and two sheets for the online pass. Since they don't want to provide two online passes inside of each new copy, they only include the code on the English sheet. On the French sheet, they instruct you to refer to the English sheet.

Well guess what? My copy of the game had to French online pass sheets inside the game case and no English sheet. Therefore, I didn't receive an online pass code. The game was purchased brand new and was a Christmas gift.

Thankfully Ubisoft allows to you try out the multiplayer for free with a free 3-day trial, so I was able to check it out. The multiplayer is quite fun, but I'm still pissed about their screw up.

Yeah I think to remember report of cases missing the pass.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

So far I am on track for 24 platinums in 2012 which probably would be my best year..
Got my 5th platinum this week-end with Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning and I reckon I can get Enslaved platinum before the release of ME3...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !