By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

You guys hear the story about the future of next gen consoles to rival Avatar graphics! Would be incredible if they can reach that level of detail in real time. I'm skeptical considering how long it probably takes a super computer to render a single frame from that movie.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1182471p1.html

I read another report yesterday about the next gen PS4, Xbox720 systems coming out in 2014. Possibly earlier depending how well Wii-U does.

Around the Network
Ail said:

Actually the silver stuff isn't expensive at all as it doesn't have to be Best Buy purchases.

Any purchase with the mastercard qualifies so I just have to charge 2500$ on my mastercard/year to make it and I usually make that in 5 months...

Oh, wow, didn't realize other purchases counted with the card.  I'd pull off that in like a month.

HideoK said:

@Ail With those rewards cards thats the best deal I've heard on day 1 to get games for $33. Even cheaper than the PS1 era at $40 per game.

Currently, I also have Battlefield 3 Limited Edition, and LOTR: War in the North fully paid for with gift cards. And so far this year I haven't had to pay for a single retail game by using last years gift cards from purchases, trade-ins, and my amazon credit card rewards. LBP2, Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Crysis 2, Portal 2, L.A. Noire, and Infamous 2 - all 7 games free. My goal was actually to not pay for any games out of pocket this year and I've almost got it all covered halfway through the year! Just need Twisted Metal, AC Revelations, and SSX. Oh and Modern Warfare 3... which I've thought about skipping. There will probably be a few more games I'll buy, maybe not day 1, including some of the new HD remakes like God of War PSP Collection, DMC Collection, and Metal Gear Solid Collection. And almost forgot about RAGE. RAGE is looking awesome.

God, why wasnt I born on the US? WHY?

Man, you guys are forbidden to ever complain about your country. FORBIDDEN!

PS - I see that EDF is selling well (for a budget game with noo hype behind it), but none of the usual places I get games here in Brazil have it. In fact, most hadnt even heard of the game.

I think this one store will finally get it, because I have been bothering them about it for awhile now. Hopefully, I will be able to order it (but will only be able to get it next week )

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:
HideoK said:

@Ail With those rewards cards thats the best deal I've heard on day 1 to get games for $33. Even cheaper than the PS1 era at $40 per game.

Currently, I also have Battlefield 3 Limited Edition, and LOTR: War in the North fully paid for with gift cards. And so far this year I haven't had to pay for a single retail game by using last years gift cards from purchases, trade-ins, and my amazon credit card rewards. LBP2, Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Crysis 2, Portal 2, L.A. Noire, and Infamous 2 - all 7 games free. My goal was actually to not pay for any games out of pocket this year and I've almost got it all covered halfway through the year! Just need Twisted Metal, AC Revelations, and SSX. Oh and Modern Warfare 3... which I've thought about skipping. There will probably be a few more games I'll buy, maybe not day 1, including some of the new HD remakes like God of War PSP Collection, DMC Collection, and Metal Gear Solid Collection. And almost forgot about RAGE. RAGE is looking awesome.

God, why wasnt I born on the US? WHY?

Man, you guys are forbidden to ever complain about your country. FORBIDDEN!

PS - I see that EDF is selling well (for a budget game with noo hype behind it), but none of the usual places I get games here in Brazil have it. In fact, most hadnt even heard of the game.

I think this one store will finally get it, because I have been bothering them about it for awhile now. Hopefully, I will be able to order it (but will only be able to get it next week )

Eh I am french so there is still hope for you :)

Just relocate...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Closing in on 80% completion for all the games I played on the PS3 based on gamercards.
I am up to 79.8% !
It's misleading because if you didn't purchase a DLC for a game it will show your completion under 100% so it kinda encourages you to purchase DLCs for high completion rate...

Sadly my GTA4 and MLB09 0% is dragging my overall completion rate down ( and F.E.A.R. 2 2%..)

Around the Network
Ail said:
Closing in on 80% completion for all the games I played on the PS3 based on gamercards.
I am up to 79.8% !
It's misleading because if you didn't purchase a DLC for a game it will show your completion under 100% so it kinda encourages you to purchase DLCs for high completion rate...

Sadly my GTA4 and MLB09 0% is dragging my overall completion rate down ( and F.E.A.R. 2 2%..)

There are quite a few low percentages I have, like PAIN (which is a pain to get trophies on), Burn Zombie Burn (another pain in the butt for trophies; only 17 people of like 17,000 have the one trophy from the original game), Soldner-X (I seem to go after games with hard trophy lists). There are a few games on my list that I never really played (or played maybe 10-15 minutes), like Demon's Souls, Dragon Age: Origins, Socom Confrontation.

MasterVG71782 said:
Ail said:
I am up to 79.8% !

There are quite a few low percentages I have, like PAIN (which is a pain to get trophies on), Burn Zombie Burn (another pain in the butt for trophies; only 17 people of like 17,000 have the one trophy from the original game), Soldner-X (I seem to go after games with hard trophy lists). There are a few games on my list that I never really played (or played maybe 10-15 minutes), like Demon's Souls, Dragon Age: Origins, Socom Confrontation.

I played MLB09 the Show for a whole 10 minutes.

It was a rental and I coudn't figure out the controls without the manual..

As for GTA4 my stepdaughter put it in the PS3 last summer for a whole 5 minutes, just long enough to install the trophy patch...

I coudn't stand FEAR2 which was a rental too so I sent it back..

You sir have no excuse for not playing Demon's Souls or Dragon Age : Origins !

Mm this is fail.
I bought Borderlands 16 months ago during a buy 2 games , get one for free sale at best Buy. And I still haven't opened the game....
And now I can get the whole game + all 4 DLCs for 14.99$ on PSN which is cheaper than just buying the DLCs to go with the copy I have.........)

Finally got my FFXIII plat last night. Overall I'd say I enjoyed the game but the trophies were an annoying grind. I really hope they change the money system for FFXIII-2. Back to working on some hard stuff. I don't want to let my average plat rating fall below 3. Currently messing around with some SF4 trials, seeing if my Blazblue experience will carry over.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 - Platinum Trophy Holders

chenguo4
Acevil