By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

chenguo4 said:
Alright, if this many people are against it I withdraw everything. I was probably pushing a bit too hard for no reason. After all, if everyone's graded on the same scale, it doesn't matter what that scale is. Apologies to all.

Still it was interesting to hear your ideas and see the different forms that the league's rating system could have taken place. Thanks for the insights!

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Around the Network
Esquoret said:
chenguo4 said:
Alright, if this many people are against it I withdraw everything. I was probably pushing a bit too hard for no reason. After all, if everyone's graded on the same scale, it doesn't matter what that scale is. Apologies to all.

Still it was interesting to hear your ideas and see the different forms that the league's rating system could have taken place. Thanks for the insights!

This!

and no need to apologize.

Arcturus said:
Esquoret said:
chenguo4 said:

This!

and no need to apologize.

I agree aswell it's good to hear second opinions on how this league could/should run nothing wrong with that

MasterVG71782 said:
marciosmg said:
Thanks Arcturus for the update.

I was going to sync my trophies, but it was taking so long I jsut gave up.

Why is it so troublesome to sync trophies on PS3?

I have no troubles syncing my trophies, so it must be a problem on your end :P

Really? Crap! I guess I will turn my PS3 on and keep it synching while I do something else. Hope it doesnt take hours.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

@marciomg I sometimes have trouble as well, last sync it took ages to get 30% then the rest rushed through

Around the Network

And Killzone 3 is back to 100% :)

Hopefully its the last dlc.

@MasterVG
1* - A game that takes absolutely no skill to achieve platinum and can usually be gotten in 1-2 days

2* - A game that takes a little bit/some moderation of skill and/or takes a decent amount of time to complete (30-50 hours?)

3* - A game that has moderate difficulty, meaning it takes quite a bit of skill to complete. It can also mean a game takes a fair amount of time to finish (70-130 hours?)

4* - A game that takes a lot of skill to finish, or one that takes a long time to finish (175-250 hours?)

5* - A game that either takes master-like skill to complete (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2) or an UNGODLY amount of time to finish (White Knight Chronicles; so around 350+ hours?)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah this is kind of the way I look at it. L.A. Noire falls into the 2 category in my eyes for the time it takes. I also think of 1 star games as absolutely no skill and very little time. Would probably raise a few of the 1 star games to 2 stars such as Tomb Raider Underworld (with all those collectibles) and Alone in the Dark (for conquering those controls. lol).

Overall I think we're pretty close to agreeing on most platinums though or very close as we are within 1 point. We're never far off like that should be a 5-star and its rated a 2 or vice versa. A 2 point discrepancy is rare here. It's usually nitpicking over 1 point. 3 to 2. 2 to 1.

Tbone said:

I was planning on getting back into KZ3 after the Uncharted 3 beta had ended so I'm curious were any of the dlc trophies difficult at all?

@HideoK
I emphasize the point about long games that require you to actually be there and play, simply because I know of two that have ridiculous time requirements that don't need you (or anyone) there to achieve them. Mortal Kombat's trophy for mastery of all characters doesn't need you there, since you can just leave your PS3 on while in Practice Mode or whatever to get the 24 hours portion done for characters. Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls has a trophy that requires you to play for 200 hours, and people have mentioned that you can get the rest of the trophies within 100 hours, so you can simply leave your PS3 on without doing anything for that, too (the second Wizardry PS3 game has a trophy for 500 hours! and it's pretty much the same as the first one in terms of getting everything else done quickly).

AFFLICTION said:
Tbone said:

I was planning on getting back into KZ3 after the Uncharted 3 beta had ended so I'm curious were any of the dlc trophies difficult at all?

Honestly no. All were quite easy actually.