By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Xenostar said:
zuvuyeay said:
ps3trophies seems a fair system to me,everyone uses it to get their trophies,changinging things because of one or two opinions seems pretty pointless

i Agree, trophy difficulty is very subjective, and ps3trophies.org is a fair way to judge there difficulty on the whole, yeah occasionaly some games might comeout with more or less stars than they should really, but creating a new system is going to be very time consuming for very little change overall. 

And certainly changing a star rating becuase it becomes easier due to DLC or a glitch is doing a massive disservice to those that got the platinum before the DLC came out. 

well thats right,i think hot pursuit is a 3* too compared to some 2's i've done,so thats that right,depends how lucky you get sometimes or how much you use guides or glitches,you never know someone might do them the honest way,lol

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
Xenostar said:
zuvuyeay said:
ps3trophies seems a fair system to me,everyone uses it to get their trophies,changinging things because of one or two opinions seems pretty pointless

i Agree, trophy difficulty is very subjective, and ps3trophies.org is a fair way to judge there difficulty on the whole, yeah occasionaly some games might comeout with more or less stars than they should really, but creating a new system is going to be very time consuming for very little change overall. 

And certainly changing a star rating becuase it becomes easier due to DLC or a glitch is doing a massive disservice to those that got the platinum before the DLC came out. 

well thats right,i think hot pursuit is a 3* too compared to some 2's i've done,so thats that right,depends how lucky you get sometimes or how much you use guides or glitches,you never know someone might do them the honest way,lol

I know when I go through Demon's Souls, I won't be using the duping stuff to get the platinum, because I want to play through and enjoy the game, as I know it's a great one.

postofficebuddy said:
Ail said:

One of the reason for the low number of 5 stars is that noone here has platted some of the hard games out there and as a result they don't have a rating as Arcturus only rates games that someone on this forum has platted.( Star Ocean the Last Hope, Battlefield Bad Company, Warhawk, Lost Planet 2 all would be 5 stars if someone had the plat here).
Whereas if a game is easy you can bet someone on this forum will have platted it, just for the points...

I'm considering starting to work on Star Ocean after I wrap up my Infamous plat so we might have that one in a month or two depending on how dedicated I am. Also in regards to Lost Planet 2, is that plat even possible anymore? BTW, Arcturus I just ordered Tales of Vesperia. Looking over on PS3trophies.org it looks like they haven't established a plat difficulty rating yet but averaging out the poll results it looks like it's about a 6.7 average. Would that be 3 stars?

Good luck with Star ocean 4. 500 hours+ in month, lol.

postofficebuddy said:
Ail said:

One of the reason for the low number of 5 stars is that noone here has platted some of the hard games out there and as a result they don't have a rating as Arcturus only rates games that someone on this forum has platted.( Star Ocean the Last Hope, Battlefield Bad Company, Warhawk, Lost Planet 2 all would be 5 stars if someone had the plat here).
Whereas if a game is easy you can bet someone on this forum will have platted it, just for the points...

I'm considering starting to work on Star Ocean after I wrap up my Infamous plat so we might have that one in a month or two depending on how dedicated I am. Also in regards to Lost Planet 2, is that plat even possible anymore? BTW, Arcturus I just ordered Tales of Vesperia. Looking over on PS3trophies.org it looks like they haven't established a plat difficulty rating yet but averaging out the poll results it looks like it's about a 6.7 average. Would that be 3 stars?

It's going to take you more than 2 months to plat it...

Estimates range at around 500 hours.

I actually spent a little over 100h in the game, then I got stucked not able to find one chest and moved on to others games...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Well, that blows. My PS3 officially YLoD'd. RIP buddy. Time to get it repaired and sold on ebay (MGS4 bundle) unless someone here wants to buy it off of me. My new PS3 should be in the mail soon.

Around the Network
Tbone said:
postofficebuddy said:

Good luck with Star ocean 4. 500 hours+ in month, lol.

Heh, didn't do my research I guess. I thought it was more like 250-400. Probably 2-3 months at least than.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

EncodedNybble said:
Well, that blows. My PS3 officially YLoD'd. RIP buddy. Time to get it repaired and sold on ebay (MGS4 bundle) unless someone here wants to buy it off of me. My new PS3 should be in the mail soon.

Same thing hapened to my ps3, same model. He said that if you turn up the fan to max to prevent the build up of dust inside, YLOD won't happen again. He modded the fan and now it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

My friend bought it off me for the cost of repairs ($45) and he's going to take it back to the guy, undo the fan mod, and install one of those external fans instead. Just an idea, to keep your current PS3 usable.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Xenostar said:
zuvuyeay said:

True, it might not be a trivial thing to overhaul the system, but right now 2 out of 5 games are rated 2-star. That just doesn't sit right with me.

Anyway, at the very least, we should still establish what the easiest/hardest games of each star rating is, so we can put a decent chunk of the "this game's too easy to be a X-star game" complaints to rest, and have some sort of explicitly defined guidelines to the ratings.

chenguo4 said:

True, it might not be a trivial thing to overhaul the system, but right now 2 out of 5 games are rated 2-star. That just doesn't sit right with me.

Anyway, at the very least, we should still establish what the easiest/hardest games of each star rating is, so we can put a decent chunk of the "this game's too easy to be a X-star game" complaints to rest, and have some sort of explicitly defined guidelines to the ratings.

Weren't you the one suggesting using a modified bell curve?  if 2 out of 5 games are a 2 star, that would fit the bell curve pretty well.

fadetoone said:
chenguo4 said:

Weren't you the one suggesting using a modified bell curve?  if 2 out of 5 games are a 2 star, that would fit the bell curve pretty well.

For the bell curve, that'd be 3 stars with the highest frequency. Right now 3 star and 1 star games are about the same, at 50, while 2 star games have basically twice as much. It's a skewed distribution right now.