By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Xenostar said:
zuvuyeay said:
the ps3 trophies site has had an update too,iworks nicer from the old ps3 anyway

good work arcturus,i'm playing burnout paradise for free and xenostar & gurgle are the only people on my friends list around here so i'm seeing your times and stuff from a couple of years back,lol,its still a fun game

Oh man i use to be addicted to Burnout Paradise, clocked over 200 hours of online play and got 102% complete on both cars and Bikes. Got 100% on the trophies as well there not that hard but there is over 90 off them :D

wow,you certainly gave that game a good going over,i haven't been online yet,only got til my free plus runs out,i was trying to knock off some show and road time trophies and it was all xenostar this and that,lol,did you plat hot pursuit in the end ?

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Arcturus said:

@ yakuzaIce, chenguo4, finalsquall, HideoK: After earning the plat for LA Noire, what do you think the difficulty rating for LA Noire should be? 

I agree with Kylie that it's not a 3 star. Dragon Age is similar in difficulty (read: not very) and took 75 hours. LA Noire took ~30 hours, maybe a bit more. It's not a 1 star either, that'd make it completely trivial and be a game where you're like "oh, hey look, I got the platinum and I didn't even realize it." I vote 2 star.

While I'm at it, MLB the show 2011 should be a 3 star. People who voted on it were voting it lower because it is easier in comparison to last year's, where there was a ridiculous trophy requiring you to hit more than 29 home runs in one round of the home run derby. It reality, it's really just a bit easier than 2009's version, which was rated a 4-star here.

Also, Katamari Forever should be a 2 star. It's extremely frustrating looking for some of the items you haven't rolled up yet, but ultimately when I compare it to the uncharteds, it's about the same, and it took around 30 hours to plat.

There are the ones off the top of my head. There might be more, but I'd have to go back and look.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

zuvuyeay said:
Xenostar said:
zuvuyeay said:
the ps3 trophies site has had an update too,iworks nicer from the old ps3 anyway

good work arcturus,i'm playing burnout paradise for free and xenostar & gurgle are the only people on my friends list around here so i'm seeing your times and stuff from a couple of years back,lol,its still a fun game

Oh man i use to be addicted to Burnout Paradise, clocked over 200 hours of online play and got 102% complete on both cars and Bikes. Got 100% on the trophies as well there not that hard but there is over 90 off them :D

wow,you certainly gave that game a good going over,i haven't been online yet,only got til my free plus runs out,i was trying to knock off some show and road time trophies and it was all xenostar this and that,lol,did you plat hot pursuit in the end ?

Not yet but i will before the end of the summer im sure, its still very much in my to plat pile, and with no new games out i want till september i should hopefully get through them all. i also want to plat LA Noire but i just dont know how you guys have had the will to do it, i loved the game first time through but the collectable trophies and having to redo every mission to 5 stars are just soooo tedious, pretty much have to use guides to get the plat and there is so skill element at all to even keep up the entertainment. Id rank LA Noire 2 start 1 because its easy and another 1 because its so boring to do. 

KylieDog said:
I still say LA Noire is 1 star, and I have that plat now. If it is gonna stay 3 then the platinum league turning into a joke. Too many easy games getting high ratings and games that are harder getting lower ones.

What exactly in LA Noire is even close to being equally as challenging as beating CoD World at War on Veteran? Or the Spec Ops missions in MW2? Or Dead Space 2 on hardcore? It is apparently harder than Impossible in Dead Space 1.

There is sod all challenging in LA Noire. Nothing.

I like to add Virtua tennis 09 to your list. The game has 8.4 rating at ps3trophies.org and it takes atleast 200 hours to get platinum, yet it should be challenging as LA noire?

As soon my roster of trophies increases I'll enter this competition.

Around the Network

Just got Beat Zico in Wipeout HD. Had a string of 30.88, 30.86, 30.84, 30.83 (!!) before finally beating the 30.82 target with a 30.73. I spent a day being stupid and not using sideshifts (this was the 30.88 time), but once I started using sideshifts I was consistently breaking 31.00 and got it in an hour.

Also got Bling Brigade today, so basically all that's left are the zone trophies. Hope the worst is over.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Finished Infamous2 on my good play through, thankfully i did set it to Hard in time, so now i can just blast through my evil play through on easy getting more XP per kill for that collect all powers trophy, its the only none good/evil trophy i didnt get on my first play through.

For Infamous 2 - are there stunts required for any trophies? If yes, are they harder or easier than the first time around?

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Esquoret said:
For Infamous 2 - are there stunts required for any trophies? If yes, are they harder or easier than the first time around?

Your required to do stunt to unlock new powers for purchase, but there not hard at all, just keep your eye out for them in the powers list as they become available and you will do them easy, might be more difficult after youve taken over all areas of the map as less enemies spawn.

I would give L.A. Noire a 4/10 or 2 stars.

I'll side with Esquoret when I say the auto fanatic trophy took me longer to get than plating a few 1 star games. Overall I put 50 hours into L.A. Noire, but it was really just a time consuming plat. Other than collecting all 95 cars for the auto fanatic trophy which had me driving around for hours trying to find the last 2 cars I needed, no other trophy was that hard. Had to use a guide to find all the gold reels though. Without a guide that would have been extremely difficult to find all those. There was one buried inside a bridge! Never would have thought to look there.