By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

HideoK said:

Kind of getting a little down on L.A. Noire. Really started off strong and I'm still enjoying the story, but I see what KylieDog means by the game being so easy you can't fail or that way I see it fail meaning make the wrong decision (because you can get shot and killed or let a fleeing suspect get away and you'll see a failed "retry" screen). As far as making the wrong decision I messed up with proving lies during an interogation, and got started back at beginning of that interogation 4-5 times "Get back in there Phelps, I need that confession!" Ugh. One of the things that I would love to see in L.A. Noire that made Heavy Rain such a masterpiece in my eyes was that you could fail certain parts meaning main characters would die, and the game would continue. Knowing that added so much tension and suspense for me and it gave more weight to your actions.

Although I may need to give L.A. Noire more of a chance because I just did one case where I had to choose between 2 killers and I'm not entirely sure I picked the right one. Hopefully this will have some kind of effect on the story going forward and not end there. Although if I choose the wrong guy I wonder if the commissioner would have said, "No, Phelps we want you to accuse the other guy. Go back in there and get that confession". lol. And once again, you can't fail anything story related.

Unfortunately, and maybe unintended spoilers, nope. Accusing the wrong person doesn't change a thing.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network
Ail said:

Bought 2 cars last two years ( one for me and one for my wife).

gave away the 2 old cars.

Next ?

Haha, just because you're a rich chump doesn't mean the concept applies to everyone else.  :P

fadetoone said:
Ail said:

Next ?

Haha, just because you're a rich chump doesn't mean the concept applies to everyone else.  :P

Nothing to do with being a rich chump.

I don't see the point of screwing someone else to make a quick buck..

Wife was going to sell her old Nissan for 500$ to a coworker then the day before the guy come to pick it up the car woudn't start I told her to give the car to the guy for free if he could fix it and he did and left with a free car. 

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
fadetoone said:
Ail said:

Next ?

Wife was going to sell her old Nissan for 500$ to a coworker then the day before the guy come to pick it up the car woudn't start I told her to give the car to the guy for free if he could fix it and he did and left with a free car. 

Sounds to me like you took advantage of the guy and saved paying towtruck money

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

So, it looks like there will be a lot of trophies for us "hunters" thanks to Konami and their HD Collections for MGS (2, 3 and Peace Walker), Zone of the Enders (both games) and Silent Hill (2 and 3). Considering I never got around to playing MGS3 or the Silent Hill games, these collections are intriguing.

Around the Network
chenguo4 said:
Ail said:
fadetoone said:
Ail said:

Next ?

Sounds to me like you took advantage of the guy and saved paying towtruck money

actually it was a simple problem (in 5 years the car only failed to start once and it was in winter). He's had it for 3 months and he hasn't had any problem.

MasterVG71782 said:

So, it looks like there will be a lot of trophies for us "hunters" thanks to Konami and their HD Collections for MGS (2, 3 and Peace Walker), Zone of the Enders (both games) and Silent Hill (2 and 3). Considering I never got around to playing MGS3 or the Silent Hill games, these collections are intriguing.

MGS3 was my first MGS, it rocks !

Especially the fight against The End.

I loved the old SIlent Hill games, cant wait!  also I own all the MGS games but honestly have never played any of them.  I bought MGS4 first then wanted to play the first 3 before playing it so i bought those, just never got around to it

MGS1 isn't included?

fadetoone said:

MGS1 isn't included?

I'm guessing they didn't want to spend the time to improve the graphics of the PS1 version, although they do have a GC port of the game, which they could have used.