By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

For MK I don't think the wins is all online (I'd have to check to verify).  I think there's a trophy for 100 wins online but the wins for mastering a character can be offline.

But even considering 350 hours, a VAST MAJORITY of that time can be accomplished while you sleep, so I'd have to agree with Kylie that time shouldn't be a huge factor here.  The game will still take time, just not as much as it sounds.

To me there's still difficulty like the no continues on hardest mode, which even my friend was complaining about, and probably some of the online stuff since connectivty is kinda spotty.  The challenge tower was pretty easy.  I only skipped 3 missions because I was annoyed and I suck, but I can see them being doable.

I'd probably have to say 3 stars if I had to vote.  4 might be possible but pushing it, and definitely not 5.

Around the Network
fadetoone said:

For MK I don't think the wins is all online (I'd have to check to verify).  I think there's a trophy for 100 wins online but the wins for mastering a character can be offline.

But even considering 350 hours, a VAST MAJORITY of that time can be accomplished while you sleep, so I'd have to agree with Kylie that time shouldn't be a huge factor here.  The game will still take time, just not as much as it sounds.

To me there's still difficulty like the no continues on hardest mode, which even my friend was complaining about, and probably some of the online stuff since connectivty is kinda spotty.  The challenge tower was pretty easy.  I only skipped 3 missions because I was annoyed and I suck, but I can see them being doable.

I'd probably have to say 3 stars if I had to vote.  4 might be possible but pushing it, and definitely not 5.

Still, that's 350 hours that you have to leave your PS3 on for, plus, it will need cooldown times, which you won't be able to play anything else. That's 350 hours, plus probably another 40-50 hours needed for the other trophies. I wouldn't be jeopardizing my PS3 getting YLOD or broken because of something like that.

EncodedNybble said:

Assuming that the MK wins are similar to "ranked wins" in Super SF IV with each character (i.e. can't just win against CPU and no private games) then that MK trophy list seems a lot harder than the Super SF IV plat which I think is a 5 star difficulty.

Actually MK isn´t really that hard its mostly time consuming. Its not even harder than Mk vs Dc let alone SSF4

To add about the MK. 1 guy on my friends list had his ps3 on for 2 weeks while doing nothing.

Kind of getting a little down on L.A. Noire. Really started off strong and I'm still enjoying the story, but I see what KylieDog means by the game being so easy you can't fail or that way I see it fail meaning make the wrong decision (because you can get shot and killed or let a fleeing suspect get away and you'll see a failed "retry" screen). As far as making the wrong decision I messed up with proving lies during an interogation, and got started back at beginning of that interogation 4-5 times "Get back in there Phelps, I need that confession!" Ugh. One of the things that I would love to see in L.A. Noire that made Heavy Rain such a masterpiece in my eyes was that you could fail certain parts meaning main characters would die, and the game would continue. Knowing that added so much tension and suspense for me and it gave more weight to your actions.

Although I may need to give L.A. Noire more of a chance because I just did one case where I had to choose between 2 killers and I'm not entirely sure I picked the right one. Hopefully this will have some kind of effect on the story going forward and not end there. Although if I choose the wrong guy I wonder if the commissioner would have said, "No, Phelps we want you to accuse the other guy. Go back in there and get that confession". lol. And once again, you can't fail anything story related.

MasterVG71782 said:

Still, that's 350 hours that you have to leave your PS3 on for, plus, it will need cooldown times, which you won't be able to play anything else. That's 350 hours, plus probably another 40-50 hours needed for the other trophies. I wouldn't be jeopardizing my PS3 getting YLOD or broken because of something like that.

Um, yeah, I'm pretty sure "my PS3 is risking a YLOD" is a reason that a platinum rating difficulty should be higher.

Besides, I've already told everybody who has a phat PS3 they need to go get a slim now and sell their phat.  If you keep a phat and it gets a YLOD, it's your own damn fault.

Around the Network
fadetoone said:
MasterVG71782 said:

Um, yeah, I'm pretty sure "my PS3 is risking a YLOD" is a reason that a platinum rating difficulty should be higher.

Besides, I've already told everybody who has a phat PS3 they need to go get a slim now and sell their phat.  If you keep a phat and it gets a YLOD, it's your own damn fault.

Yeah Sell your phat so that some poor sucker buys it and gets an YLOD in your place.

That's real classy...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

fadetoone said:
MasterVG71782 said:

I would buy a Slim if they stop releasing so many damn good games I want and give me enough time to save money for it :P

HideoK said:

Kind of getting a little down on L.A. Noire. Really started off strong and I'm still enjoying the story, but I see what KylieDog means by the game being so easy you can't fail or that way I see it fail meaning make the wrong decision (because you can get shot and killed or let a fleeing suspect get away and you'll see a failed "retry" screen). As far as making the wrong decision I messed up with proving lies during an interogation, and got started back at beginning of that interogation 4-5 times "Get back in there Phelps, I need that confession!" Ugh. One of the things that I would love to see in L.A. Noire that made Heavy Rain such a masterpiece in my eyes was that you could fail certain parts meaning main characters would die, and the game would continue. Knowing that added so much tension and suspense for me and it gave more weight to your actions.

Although I may need to give L.A. Noire more of a chance because I just did one case where I had to choose between 2 killers and I'm not entirely sure I picked the right one. Hopefully this will have some kind of effect on the story going forward and not end there. Although if I choose the wrong guy I wonder if the commissioner would have said, "No, Phelps we want you to accuse the other guy. Go back in there and get that confession". lol. And once again, you can't fail anything story related.

The "get back in there and get that confession!" is only for that very first "practice" interrogation.  All other "failures" just mean that you have to get different clues/work harder to get a better ranking.  You still can't really fail (as in cause the case to restart) but you get worse scores.

Ail said:

Yeah Sell your phat so that some poor sucker buys it and gets an YLOD in your place.

That's real classy...

Would you say the same thing about selling a 3 year old car so you could have a car that was less likely to break down on you?

"You sold your car and got a new one so some poor sucker buys it and it breaks down some day?  That's real classy..."

Yeah, doesn't work so well there, does it?

fadetoone said:
Ail said:

That's real classy...

Would you say the same thing about selling a 3 year old car so you could have a car that was less likely to break down on you?

"You sold your car and got a new one so some poor sucker buys it and it breaks down some day?  That's real classy..."

Yeah, doesn't work so well there, does it?

Bought 2 cars last two years ( one for me and one for my wife).

gave away the 2 old cars.

Next ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !