By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

blunty51 said:

I don't think I 'll ever go through the pain of getting another plat again.

You only feel that way b/c Demon's Souls IS A PAIN to platinum, but a lot of games are fun to plat with the extra challenges the trophies provide. 

Wish PSN online multi would come back so I can platinum Portal 2!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

That is right, though on some older games some DLC trophies do not have a plus symbol on them, even though they still not needed for platinum.  The plus symbol was added in a firmware update for devs to start using, hence older games not using the symbol.

Ok thanks for the info. That actually makes some game a bit easier to plat.

HideoK said:
blunty51 said:

I don't think I 'll ever go through the pain of getting another plat again.

You only feel that way b/c Demon's Souls IS A PAIN to platinum, but a lot of games are fun to plat with the extra challenges the trophies provide. 

Wish PSN online multi would come back so I can platinum Portal 2!

I guess I can see that being the case with certain games, but a lot I encounter require you to follow a strict schedule from your first playthrough (like 3D dot game heroes), and almost takes the fun out of naturally playing the game. Also, few games draw me in (like demon's souls) enough to actually make me want to playthrough it multiple times.

Got Portal 2 on PC so I get these achievement thingies :( Probably looking to plat NFSHP when PSN comes back online.

Playing Clash of the Titans now (didn't see the movie and don't plan to) and it's an average hack and slash game, with some annoying trophies. Anyone looking at this game because of the cheap price (it should be like $10-20 new now) should know it's not a quick nor easy platinum.

Xenostar said:

Gone back to try and get the borderlands platinum, forgot how good it was, cant remember why i actually stopped playing it in the first place. 

Quite funno tho cos id not played it since my last YLOD, i didnt have the trophies for it on my PS3 and obviously with no PSN couldnt sync them after id installed them, So when i loaded up my save which i had thankfully backed up it started unlocking trophies like crazy :D, unfortunatley not all of the ones that i had previously got, so really need PSn to come back up so i can figure out exactly what ive got left to do :)

I got back to Borderlands too. I was lvl 50 w/ my Hunter. Played in playthrough 2and got to lvl 60.

Finally killed Crawmerax (on playthrough 1) and got a lot fo money and better weapons.

Im gonna try to farm him now, though hidin in the safe spot doesnt always work.

PS - It happened to me and I hope it doesnt happen to you. On the Knoxx DLC, never have 2 missions from Marcus active at the same time. Also, dont go online with that character till you are done with all the DLC.

Otherwise, you cant get a trophy (Completionist). Its a glitch.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network
marciosmg said:
Xenostar said:

Gone back to try and get the borderlands platinum, forgot how good it was, cant remember why i actually stopped playing it in the first place. 

Quite funno tho cos id not played it since my last YLOD, i didnt have the trophies for it on my PS3 and obviously with no PSN couldnt sync them after id installed them, So when i loaded up my save which i had thankfully backed up it started unlocking trophies like crazy :D, unfortunatley not all of the ones that i had previously got, so really need PSn to come back up so i can figure out exactly what ive got left to do :)

I got back to Borderlands too. I was lvl 50 w/ my Hunter. Played in playthrough 2and got to lvl 60.

Finally killed Crawmerax (on playthrough 1) and got a lot fo money and better weapons.

Im gonna try to farm him now, though hidin in the safe spot doesnt always work.

PS - It happened to me and I hope it doesnt happen to you. On the Knoxx DLC, never have 2 missions from Marcus active at the same time. Also, dont go online with that character till you are done with all the DLC.

Otherwise, you cant get a trophy (Completionist). Its a glitch.

Can you carry on leveling your main character in the DLC then, i dunno if i want to do a second playthrough to get to level 50, id rather do it in new content, or is there something new and fun in a new game plus

By the way it seems i'm still the only person who platinumed Vanquish - anyone attempted Tactical Challenge 6 on this game - i want to know what people thought of this.

it was the most ball bustin trophy i think i had to get tbh!

Edit: chers for the Bioshock 2 tips guys!

Halfway done with SSFIV arcade stuff and now I'm working on AC:Brotherhood single player trophies (my GF doesn't like my SF fightstick very much so I only play when she's not around).  Depending on how quickly I can get things done and how long the PSN outtage, I may get my AC:B platinum before we resynch :)

Preordered LA Noire but I still have Bayonetta, Enslaved and R&C A crack in time to play as well as LBP 2 to plat!  Sheesh, so many games to play.

Wish I could sync my account. I have some new trophies that'll bump me up a few notches.

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Hey I have a question for you guys....I started Uncharted: Drakes Fortune not too long ago but it didn't get updated due to PSN being down so right now it doesn't have the trophies patch. So when PSN does come online will it automatically update the game and give me the trophies that I have earned so far in that game.