By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

@HideoK
Kill Shaolong Gui because they drop a dark matter almost every fight.

PSN ID: getrdone25

Around the Network

@HideoK Thanks alot for the tips i just beat garden 8 & knowing the last 2 gardens aren't as hard as i originally thought puts me at ease

And i didn't know the game had been patched to make it easier so you have my respect for getting 100% beforehand

As to the exspansion i doubt i'll get it as you have said my blood pressure could use a brake Lmao

HideoK said:

Getting pretty close to FFXIII platinum. Grinded a lot for Gil over the weekend. Spent a number of hours fighting Adamantoise for Trap and after about 5 hours I finally got 1 Trap. Then immediately the next fight I got a 2nd one! The 3rd one came a number of hours later the next day. Then I'm going to dismantle a fully upgraded weapon to get the other 3. No more Adamantoise grinding for me.

After that I should only need another million gil to max out the rest of my accessories through purchasing a few more Dark Matter to get the treasure hunter trophy. And finally I just have to 5 star the last 4 mark missions and take down a Long Gui. Should be easy with max equipment and the gold watch accessory.

Yeah, I spent a few more hours yesterday and got no trapezowhatzits and only a few ingots.  At the rate I'm going, I'll max out the crystarium before I get the second.

So yeah, I'll undoubtedly just dismantle the two that give me 3 in return.  I'd like to get 3 myself though...

@KylieDog
Yeah I should be able to take a Shaolong Gui down no problem. They seem pretty easy from the youtube videos I just watched. They seem like the Gui version of the Adamanchelid only with more HP and Ultima. I read it was a 5% drop rate for Dark Matter so I didn't want to waste my time farming them for hours and hours like I did for Traps at a 1% drop rate. After farming for Traps I ended up with enough gil from Platinum Ignots to upgrade everything except for the Dark Matter so I was figuring this was easier to just buy them. I was planning to upgrade the last 4 accessories, get the trophy, then reload my save and use the money to max out all of my primary weapons instead.

But if like Getrdone says the Shaolong Gui drop Dark Matter almost every fight then I might as well farm them and save my gil. Then I can keep the accessories requiring dark matter instead of reloading my save.

Thanks guys.

Tbone said:
@Master
How many hours does that take?

@marcio
Congratz, u still trophy whoring as usual every week

I had 1.7 million Guilder before I had to buy the last batch of quests for GR12, so I'm sitting at 1.5 mill now. I probably have around 4 million or so worth of items, so I will probably need to get to around 6-6.5 million guilder before I can sell everything off, get the trophy and then reload. The 450 binds trophy shouldn't be too bad, as I can start farming now for the items to bind the lower level/GR stuff. I'm sitting at around 130 or so binds now, with all of my equipment being GR11, so I'll get a few from upgrading my stuff to GR12 stuff. There are around 70 accessories that are easy to bind and if I get to GR13, then there's an additional 50 items there, too. Either way, I'm probably looking at around another 150 hours or so.

Around the Network

Fuck it, I think I'll do the Gamestop trade deal with some extra Wii games tonight to preorder Red Dead.

fadetoone said:
Fuck it, I think I'll do the Gamestop trade deal with some extra Wii games tonight to preorder Red Dead.

I challenge you to complete 2 games in your backlog before you purchase another game !!!

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
fadetoone said:

I challenge you to complete 2 games in your backlog before you purchase another game !!!

I know right?

I'd have fared a little better over the last few months if not for FF.  As it stands, I might be able to play Red Dead in 6 months or so.  But it's a good deal...

fadetoone said:
Ail said:
fadetoone said:

I know right?

I'd have fared a little better over the last few months if not for FF.  As it stands, I might be able to play Red Dead in 6 months or so.  But it's a good deal...

under those conditions, your purchase request has been denied !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

KylieDog said: 

Will it not be reduced in price in 6 months anyway?   In the UK after 6 months its rare a game is still 50%+ of the launch price, sometimes it happens in weeks.

Well, it's only going to cost me $20 + trading in 2 games my girlfriend has that I already have.  That's the only reason I figure I'll get it now.

Plus I might end up squeezing this game in somewhere before others.  I think my big draws at the moment are the god of war trilogy, which should be fairly short, Bioshock 2, and Mass Effect 2.