By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Ail said:
fadetoone said:
Ail said:

I say we make Star Ocean 4 the most platted game in the league !

We can do it !!!

How many hours was that one again?  Hundreds?  At my Final Fantasy rate (I'm almost to 70 hours I think) that would take me *years*

Hard, to say, you need multiple playthrough ( 3 minimum, including hardest difficulty level) and getting the 900 battle trophies is going to take forever.

I'm guessing 300-500 hours...

There are 5 people who use ps3trophycard.com who have the SO4 platinum. People on various sites are saying times of probably 400-500 hours is needed (one person on ps3trophies.org has the platinum and his time was around 500, which is what he got after subtracting his idle time).

Around the Network

Christ man, I just farmed that bastard adamantoise at Edenhall for 3 hours averaging under 3 minutes to take it down and finally got one of these trapazawhatsits. And only 4 ingots over the course of that time, with 2 collectors catalogs and 1 connosieur catalog.  What a bitch.

Ok i officially declare Capcom as the most stupid developer for trophies. Seriously how do they expect people to play Lost planet 2 for 6 months.

Tbone said:
Ok i officially declare Capcom as the most stupid developer for trophies. Seriously how do they expect people to play Lost planet 2 for 6 months.

Same way level 2 expect people to play WKC for 6 months, and Tri Ace expects people to play SO for 6 months...

Seriously it's not like the majority of the people do go for the platinum trophy....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Tbone said:

Same way level 2 expect people to play WKC for 6 months, and Tri Ace expects people to play SO for 6 months...

Seriously it's not like the majority of the people do go for the platinum trophy....

I don´t mind a challenge but these kind of trophies are just stupid.

Seems like the only way to get the trophy is to glitch it by setting ur time on ps3 6 months ahead.

Around the Network

Yay, I had the honour of having the 100th Uncharted plat lol.

Guess if i start playing Lost planet 2 now and get all other trophies i should have plat in mid November Lmao. I wonder if its a 5 star plat

@Chenuo4, KylieDog
Awesome thanks for the advice on farming the Adamantoise at Eden Hall. Only problem is I've still never taken one down. HAHA. I always just avoid them. However I was trying the mark #62 Adamantoise last night and I got him down to 1/4 of his life and died. A stomp following by a Quake attack got me and I didn't change up paradigms to Sentinel and Medic because I was close to a stagger.

Also it shouldn't matter that the Eden Hall Adamantoise fell through the glass in my game... he should still return to the same spot?
Thanks again.

HideoK said:
@Chenuo4, KylieDog
Awesome thanks for the advice on farming the Adamantoise at Eden Hall. Only problem is I've still never taken one down. HAHA. I always just avoid them. However I was trying the mark #62 Adamantoise last night and I got him down to 1/4 of his life and died. A stomp following by a Quake attack got me and I didn't change up paradigms to Sentinel and Medic because I was close to a stagger.

Also it shouldn't matter that the Eden Hall Adamantoise fell through the glass in my game... he should still return to the same spot?
Thanks again.

I just summon Bahamut immediately and he takes out his legs.  Then I sabateur the hell out of it while he attacks and stagger it just before gestalt.  The gestalt takes a bunch of damage and megaflare takes out over half a mil.  Then once my party is back I tri-disaster and stagger to 999% pretty quick and beat the living shit out of it using aggression.  Pretty easy.  I haven't tried to take down without a summon yet (call me a pansy if you must).

KylieDog said: 

Catalogs and other items that increase drop rates do not stack, you only need one of each equipped.  Also that is some crappy luck, I rarely killed 3 adamantoise without at least one drop of something.

Yeah, I wondered as much.  Hopefully having 2 collector's catalogs doesn't actually make it worse.

Thanks Fadetoone. I just read the Long Gui's have a much higher drop rate for the Trapezohedron so you may want to start fighting them.

I'm going to get the hang of killing a bunch of Adamantoise first before I try farming the Long Gui.