By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Ail said:

I say we make Star Ocean 4 the most platted game in the league !

We can do it !!!

How many hours was that one again?  Hundreds?  At my Final Fantasy rate (I'm almost to 70 hours I think) that would take me *years*

Around the Network

@Fadetoone
I'm 65 hours in FFXIII now. Just cleared the Titan's trials last night and 5 starred everything first try except for challenge 51. Only got 4 stars on him so I'll have to go back at least one more time.

Got 50 (5 stars) and I still have a ways to go on upgrading everything and maxing out all my stats. Made the mistake of letting 2 characters that I'm not using hit 999,999 CP so I was losing extra experience gained over that. DOH! Hopefully it wasn't like that for too long, I wasn't paying attention.

Question to people who are further or have the plat. What's the best spot to farm for money and CP for someone around my level? I almost have all of the 3 primary roles maxed out. And can I synthesize of get a rare drop on the item needed for unlocking the max weapon for most of my characters. I only noticed I could buy it in one of the shops for 2 million gil. It's called the Trapezohedron I believe.

Thanks!

@Ail
Haha. I'm thinking we will reach that mark for Star Ocean 4.... minus about 100.
You will probably be the only one in the league to do it!

Is anyone else working on Star Ocean 4 plat here?

HideoK said:

@Fadetoone
I'm 65 hours in FFXIII now. Just cleared the Titan's trials last night and 5 starred everything first try except for challenge 51. Only got 4 stars on him so I'll have to go back at least one more time.

Got 50 (5 stars) and I still have a ways to go on upgrading everything and maxing out all my stats. Made the mistake of letting 2 characters that I'm not using hit 999,999 CP so I was losing extra experience gained over that. DOH! Hopefully it wasn't like that for too long, I wasn't paying attention.

Question to people who are further or have the plat. What's the best spot to farm for money and CP for someone around my level? I almost have all of the 3 primary roles maxed out. And can I synthesize of get a rare drop on the item needed for unlocking the max weapon for most of my characters. I only noticed I could buy it in one of the shops for 2 million gil. It's called the Trapezohedron I believe.

Thanks!

If you can kill the monster that drops it, the Adamantoise, keep killing it.

1) Dont buy traps, you need the 2 mil for other things

2) You'll also need money to finish treasure hunter. Adamantoises also drop Platinum Ingots, which you want.

3) In the process of farming enough Platinum Ingots and Traps, you'll likely end up with enough CP to max your characters.

So you're killing 3 birds with 1 stone. In my experience, the Adamantoise at Eden Hall is the fastest. If you don't need to summon, to respawn the Adamantoise all you need to do is run to the top of the stairs that lead to the next section, or save and reload at the really close by savepoint. If you need to summon to kill him, you can fight the soldiers around, and 2-3 fights will give you 3 TP, then reload/enter the next area to respawn the soldiers as needed.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

fadetoone said:
Ail said:

I say we make Star Ocean 4 the most platted game in the league !

We can do it !!!

How many hours was that one again?  Hundreds?  At my Final Fantasy rate (I'm almost to 70 hours I think) that would take me *years*

Hard, to say, you need multiple playthrough ( 3 minimum, including hardest difficulty level) and getting the 900 battle trophies is going to take forever.

I'm guessing 300-500 hours...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Just sell your stuff when you get to the point. Farming Dark Matters is a waste of time.

For anybody who didn't waste $60 on God of War 3, it's $35 at Gamestop today.

KylieDog said:
Wagram said:
Just sell your stuff when you get to the point. Farming Dark Matters is a waste of time.

No it isn't, you need 6 of them and they are 220k each, that is an extra 1.3m+ needed you need farm in ingots (so 9 ingots...), thats retarded to buy them.   Farming Dark Matters nets you 120k CP per kill and the chance of a Gold Nugget to drop worth 60k.    They aren't very rare either, got all mine in about an hour plus a few nuggets and crapload of CP.

If you sell all of your weapons + items after you have fully upgraded then it is very easy. You just keep the items you need for the weapons related to dark matter. It takes 5 minutes, and that is alot faster than an hours worth of time.

Why waste time farming if you can sell your items, buy the matters and get the trophy. Then just reload your save.

Plus if you sell your gear to buy dark matters... Well, how very trophy whore of you.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

KylieDog said:
Wagram said:
KylieDog said:
Wagram said:

No it isn't, you need 6 of them and they are 220k each, that is an extra 1.3m+ needed you need farm in ingots (so 9 ingots...), thats retarded to buy them.   Farming Dark Matters nets you 120k CP per kill and the chance of a Gold Nugget to drop worth 60k.    They aren't very rare either, got all mine in about an hour plus a few nuggets and crapload of CP.

If you sell all of your weapons + items after you have fully upgraded then it is very easy. You just keep the items you need for the weapons related to dark matter. It takes 5 minutes, and that is alot faster than an hours worth of time.

Why waste time farming if you can sell your items, buy the matters and get the trophy. Then just reload your save.

If you farm Dark Matters instead of buying them then when you sell equipment you can spend the cash on upgrading the rest of the items/weapons instead, especially since you -have- to buy the upgrading materials like Ultra-Reactors or whatever they are called.

You get a lot more value spending cash on upgrade materials, using them to make new items/weapons and then selling those items for more upgrade materials than you do selling items to buy Dark Matters after already spending cash to upgrade them.

1.3million = Buying upgrade materials and having crapload of items upgraded then sold for lots more cash, plus CP and Gold Nuggets you earned/found while farming Dark Matter.

or

1.3million = Buying six Dark matters that upgrade only 6 items that don't make as much cash compared to the above, no CP or Gold Nugget bonus.

One way makes money and CP while you gain the items, the other just loses you a lot of money, is no contest.

I was already max CP when I did it. So either option would have worked easily. and I took the faster more efficient way for time.