By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why have SCE Japan Studio developed another horse racing sim for PS3?

BKK2 said:
So Derby Time Online sold 2,200 first week in Japan.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2547

I really have to wonder why this game was green lighted.

It was made by Keoi.

I think the real question is why did Sony decide to be the publisher?

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
BKK2 said:
So Derby Time Online sold 2,200 first week in Japan.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2547

I really have to wonder why this game was green lighted.

It was made by Keoi.

I think the real question is why did Sony decide to be the publisher?

You're confusing it with G1 Jocking and Winning Post. Derby Time is a SCEJ franchise, it has nothing to do with Koei.

Soriku said:
@making and outlaw

I was just talking about the PS3 :P Yeah, forgot about Polyphony (but they've only released GT5: P while the real GT5's in 2010...) and Team Siren (though they haven't helped the PS3 much since Siren isn't big in Japan).

Sony NEED first party RPGs. Sony JRPGs would be awesome. Be like the PS1! Where's LotD? Or something else?

IMO, I don't like most of Sony's games AT ALL (I don't like FPS >.>) but they'd be better with RPGs...

It's not like SCEJ is making any FPS games instead of RPG's.  Not to mention SCE has only released two FPS this gen.  Four if you are counting third person shooters.

I really wonder what SCEJ is doing besides TRICO and GT5, maybe helping with Home? Maybe PS2 SE? They have really frustrated me this gen. Kaz should also try to bundle a family pack with MNG5 and/or Ratchet and a BD movie to go with LBP and GT5 bundles.

instead of making those crap games that sell like crap but take years to developp (Afika), Sony should start developping RPGS since they are unable to secure third party ones,, honestly SCEJ is in a coma right now

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Around the Network

Point is do you know how many people bought Bejing 2008? Loads I can tell you, People, especially from asia love sports games.

swearitsoul said:
Point is do you know how many people bought Bejing 2008? Loads I can tell you, People, especially from asia love sports games.

It shipped 970,000 through September. Derby Time Online only sold 2,200, so I don't actually know what your point is.