By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why have SCE Japan Studio developed another horse racing sim for PS3?

makingmusic476 said:
More casual stuff? 

Horse racing sims aren't really aimed at casual gamers, fans of this genre are pretty hardcore.

Horse racing sim forum

Good news for non-Japanese speaking horse racing fans ... Koei are releasing an English language version of G1 Jockey 4 2008 in Europe next week.

Hi Guys, Its Will from KOEI Europe.

Not sure if you saw we have G1 Jockey 4 2008 PS3 available 26th September in Europe. http://www.gamershell.com/companies/koei/450178.html

I got alot of emails about G1 Jockey for PS3 as obviously this console is region free so it's helpful for people outside of Europe. Also we set the price at budget level at £29.99 as this is an expanded port of G1J4 rather than a completely new game.

I have been out of the office recently so I havent managed to check the full feature set yet but the main thing will be improved graphics obviously. I'll try and get more info. for you guys and post it. I have some Japanese screens I can post shortly as well.

If there are any UK members of this forum that want to come and try the pre-release code and report back to the forum please let me know.

THANKS!

For those wishing to import from Europe (no NA release has been announced) Koei recommend GAME:

I recommend GAME.co.uk as they stock all of our titles and they ship to the US.

http://www.game.co.uk/help/shipping.aspx

Link

The problem I have with SCEJ releasing a horse racing sim is that Koei are already doing a good job with this genre. SCEJ should be filling in the gaps that third parties aren't, which isn't the case here.

Around the Network

Some people seem to be confusing SCE Japan Studios, who have nothing to do with Hot Shots Golf (Clap Hanz) or ICO (Team ICO), with SCEJ.

That said, SCE Japan Studios have a history of making unique and quirky games.

LocoRoco, Piyotama, The Eye of Judgment, Patapon, echochrome, Dress, etc.

I think the one exception for them is Siren.

Was GI Jockey 4 even released in Japan?

Seihyouken said:
Some people seem to be confusing SCE Japan Studios, who have nothing to do with Hot Shots Golf (Clap Hanz) or ICO (Team ICO), with SCEJ.

That said, SCE Japan Studios have a history of making unique and quirky games.

LocoRoco, Piyotama, The Eye of Judgment, Patapon, echochrome, Dress, etc.

I think the one exception for them is Siren.

Evenif you want to point out SCE Japan Studios, that would technically still include Team ICO, just like it includes Team Siren.  It just so happens that Team ICO has become famous enough that we refer to them separately.

japan like that so why not

Around the Network

WKC can't come soon enough.

OMG, this game will definitely bombed

Aj_habfan said:
Was GI Jockey 4 even released in Japan?

It's an annual series, first PS3 release was G1 Jockey 4 2007 (there was even a demo on JP PSN), and they've since released G1 Jockey 4 2008. Same goes for Winning Post. Derby Time online will actually be the fifth horse racing game for PS3 released in Japan.

Koei didn't localize G1 Jockey 4 2007, so when G1 Jockey 4 2008 releases September 26 it will be the first English language horse racing game for PS3.

So Derby Time Online sold 2,200 first week in Japan.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2547

I really have to wonder why this game was green lighted.

I'm depressed.