By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oh damn. I forgot to ask the actual question :( At least you figured out where the blank goes :D

About time I remember my password...

Around the Network
appolose said:
Which weighs more; a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

This probably works much better in person.

Neither, because pound is not a real unit in the International System of Units

Imagine you are in a room with 3 switches. In an adjacent room there are 3 bulbs (let's say in lamps which are on a regular table), each switch belongs to one bulb. All are off at the moment. It is impossible to see from one room to another. No help from anybody else is allowed.
How can you find out which switch belongs to which bulb, if you may enter the room with the bulbs only once?

Turn one on, leave other untouched and flip the other on and off till the end of time. When you enter, you'll have one on, and two off, one with the filament intact and the other with the filament broken

Nope. Though that may work if you were willing to wreck a perfectly good bulb :(

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
appolose said:
Which weighs more; a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

This probably works much better in person.

Neither, because pound is not a real unit in the International System of Units

Well, your conclusion is correct, but your means are obscene.

What have I got in my pocket?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

The One Ring. That's a riddle from The Hobbit, that Bilbo makes to Gollum. I don't know if you meant that, though

zexen_lowe said:

The One Ring. That's a riddle from The Hobbit, that Bilbo makes to Gollum. I don't know if you meant that, though

... you're supposed to have said "knife" first...

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Lem_Nx said:
Imagine you are in a room with 3 switches. In an adjacent room there are 3 bulbs (let's say in lamps which are on a regular table), each switch belongs to one bulb. All are off at the moment. It is impossible to see from one room to another. No help from anybody else is allowed.
How can you find out which switch belongs to which bulb, if you may enter the room with the bulbs only once?

- You switch one on and leave it on a certain time.

- You switch it off.

- You switch another one on.

- You enter the room.

- The one lit is the second you switch on. From the two closed one, the one that is hot is the first one you switched.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Lem_Nx said:

- You switch one on and leave it on a certain time.

- You switch it off.

- You switch another one on.

- You enter the room.

- The one lit is the second you switch on. From the two closed one, the one that is hot is the first one you switched.

maybe they are CFL, and you didn't leave it on long enough to get warm

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)