By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 aint working

After hearing a few words from people going to E3 and taking a look at what the show floor looks like I think that this new E3 isn't going to work.

The idea was to make it smaller. From 70,000 to just 3000, to make it more personal with more interaction. Did it? Hell no. This is the largest E3 has ever spanned. So, what does that mean? Now, if you want to see anything or get more of this personal interaction, your going to have to go though more hopes to do that.

Oh, and what to know why the media sumits sucked this year. Yep, they are also the victim of a cut. It seem that these events are now shorter, with less time to actually show anything. Not to mention booths look a lot smaller. The large booths that let everyone play many games from a publisher quick and easy are now reduced to three. So how will you play the rest of the software? Yep. Better get walking.

I have heard that the guys at Gonintendo are beat, and they feel that E3 is now more of a hassel. In order to get anything done you have tio walk from hotel to hotel. That and it's hard to take advantage of anything. In theory, most thought it would be perfect. E3 was over crowded and maked seeing anything hard. But now with one less day from last year and having to transvers the city to get anything, it seems to have gotten harder..

I think the problem is their approce. You can't pour cold water on hot glass. It will break. Same here. You take an even that had 70,000 people and you knock it down to a messly 3,000, less then 5% of it's normal member rate, your going to have problems. The developers, publishers and attendiants had an expectation for it, but with it hhow it was, most didn't expect what was to come, and who could.

This problem could be easily met iff they did what worked for the earlier E3s but reduce the numbwer of attendents(from 70,000 to 20,000). Thus, making it smaller and keeping what worked about it in the first place. But I doubt that there will be another. I think everyone will begin to think it's a joke and go for the other events that work fine, and hold their events. Basically, E3 is dead, and that might not be a bad thing.

Around the Network

Its like they tried to be GDC.

Celb said:
Its like they tried to be GDC.

Probobly. But, GDC has always been a developer event. They should focus on what they have alwasys delivered.