By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rygar is a Port of the PS2 game

As opposed to what was believed before, Rygar is just a port of the PS2 game and not a brand new Wii game.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/803/803338p1.html

July 11, 2007 - Tecmo shocked everyone back in May with the announcement that Rygar would be coming to the Wii. Well, here's what was left out of that announcement. Project Rygar is, according to the latest issue of Famitsu, just an updated version of the PlayStation 2 Rygar game.

Of course, Tecmo is adding some updates to the game. Famitsu provides a first look at the new Muscle Mode, which appears to be a battle mode that makes use of the Wiimote for direct controls. You have access to three special moves, achieved by swinging the Wiimote in different ways.

Outside of this new mode, the game will also see a redesigned main character, redesigned enemies, new monsters and new enemy positions. It's unclear if the main story mode will make use of direct controls, but hopefully Tecmo will be able to provide some clarification at E3.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

It's also the port of a waaayyyyy old NES game.

Oh good. For a second there I thought we weren't getting anymore half-assed ports.

Thanks for the effort third parties!

Note: The game might be cool for all I know. This port business is getting nuts.

Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

Damn you Tecmo, I hope you improve this game a lot!.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d