By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - gas price is insane in here

Esmoreit said:
Kasz216 said:
Esmoreit said:
Galaki said:
We could solve this problem by invading Russia.

Hitler tried to get to the oilfields in the Caucasus... and ended in Stalingrad. I'll say no.

Gas here is €1.52 a litre... which would be 2,14 USD with current exchange rates.

Or $9.72 a gallon.

I'd say you have little to complain about.

I disagree.  I mean the taxes you pay are just the price you pay for other things you get through your government. 

Aside from that.  Amusignly Russia may increase the gas crisis since georgia holds one of the most important energy pipelines in the area.

Wether it's taxes or not, we still have to pay them. It's still a stress on our actual income and basicly that is what matters: How much money do we still have to spend after we have payed for gas.

And what you don't have to pay for due to the taxes is directly is a relief on your actual incomes. 

In reality your paying more for gas isn't really a greater burden since while you pay more for gas.  You pay less for other things, or nothing for other things.  (like healthcare... etc.)

Unless your government sucks at how it uses it's taxes.  Which would be a tax issue, not a gas one.

Around the Network

In Canada it's that expensive? I thought that Canada=U.S. As consolation I'll say that gas costs $8 per gallon here were I live.

Kasz216 said:

And what you don't have to pay for due to the taxes is directly is a relief on your actual incomes. 

In reality your paying more for gas isn't really a greater burden since while you pay more for gas.  You pay less for other things, or nothing for other things.  (like healthcare... etc.)

Unless your government sucks at how it uses it's taxes.  Which would be a tax issue, not a gas one.

Very true. I'm not sure about this, but it seems to me that European countries aren't having the same problem as USA does:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/05/news/economy/highway_trust_fund/index.htm

Gas taxes are good. People drive too much in USA and it reflects on the environment, and low investment in public transportation which will come around to bite Americans in the ass in a few years. Heck, even investment in highways is suffering apparently.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Yesterday, when I went to work, gas was $3.59 a gallon. When I was going home, it was as high as $5.02! What the fuck? And the lines for this gas was huge. People panic way too easily around here.

d21lewis said:
Yesterday, when I went to work, gas was $3.59 a gallon. When I was going home, it was as high as $5.02! What the fuck? And the lines for this gas was huge. People panic way too easily around here.

Hurricane Ike could mean a few huge refineries will be shut down for weeks or months.

Read here:

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/4525

Around the Network
draik said:
Here is something I never understood! Why do you call it GAs and not petrol ...
Gas isn't logical. I really want to know this.

they are synonyms but i do think the word petrol is from french ''pétrole'' wich means the same

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Europeans have awesome mass transit and other means of cheap transportation. If you want to go from Paris to Rome just hop on a train for cheap transport, want to get from home to work you can hop on a bus or metro for cheap transport.

We dont have that luxury in America, cars are the only way to get around (outside a few major cities) other than airplanes which is obviously expensive.

ManusJustus said:

Europeans have awesome mass transit and other means of cheap transportation. If you want to go from Paris to Rome just hop on a train for cheap transport, want to get from home to work you can hop on a bus or metro for cheap transport.

We dont have that luxury in America, cars are the only way to get around (outside a few major cities) other than airplanes which is obviously expensive.

Public transportation is a luxury?

NJ5 said:

Public transportation is a luxury?

Compared to what Americans have, yes.

tarheel91 said:
Gas is going to go from $3.60-3.70 a gallon here in NC to over $5.00 in 12 hours. Lines for gas were absolutely ridiculous tonight. I'm full :)

Dude over in Greensboro (still in NC) where I am, theres places that have gas up to $4.60 while across town its still $3.60.  It's bullshit price gouging for the loss.  This was last night around 9ish.  It's weird cause where we saw it at $4.60 a few blocks down the road it was $4.30.

I need to check today though.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.