By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Palin: "Bush Doctrine? Whaat?"

The U.S.A. has always maintained that it would be the first to use nuclear weapons if deemed prudent and necessary. The Bush Doctrine seemed to be (at the time) the logical extension of that policy to include the use of conventional forces. If America is the policeman of the world (and judge, jury and executioner) then it follows that America can make up the rules (sometimes as it goes along and in disregard to International Law) as to how it's going to police the world.

The worst part for people living in the U.S.A. is that the same attitude is being taken by the executive branch in regards to its own citizens (and those regarded as U.S. Persons), i.e., disregarding the established rule of law and creating a police state.

Things changed quite a bit after Bush basically tore up Executive Order 12333.

Around the Network
fkusumot said:

The U.S.A. has always maintained that it would be the first to use nuclear weapons if deemed prudent and necessary. The Bush Doctrine seemed to be (at the time) the logical extension of that policy to include the use of conventional forces. If America is the policeman of the world (and judge, jury and executioner) then it follows that America can make up the rules (sometimes as it goes along and in disregard to International Law) as to how it's going to police the world.

The worst part for people living in the U.S.A. is that the same attitude is being taken by the executive branch in regards to its own citizens (and those regarded as U.S. Persons), i.e., disregarding the established rule of law and creating a police state.

Things changed quite a bit after Bush basically tore up Executive Order 12333.

All this talk about the US policing the world has made me want to want Team America: World Police again! America Fuck Yeah!

Signature goes here!

Please don't tell me future presidents will follow this same attitude of preemptive strike...didn't we learn anything last time...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I'm voting for the side that does the LEAST amount of slandering of the other side. I can't stand people talking about the opposition. Tell me what YOU are going to do to fix the problem, not what the other guy is incapable of.

As for Bush, he is the poster boy for abortion "Dont let another one of THESE into the world" lol

akuma587 said:
Please don't tell me future presidents will follow this same attitude of preemptive strike...didn't we learn anything last time...

yeah...everyone learned that preemptive strikes are good things...history has proven this to be a fact and they have saved many lives.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

@ Steven - Not meaning to go too far off tangent but your tag, I must comment on -

# Lower taxes for most taxpayers. - Except for middle class. Dems always raise middle class taxes

# Removing Social Security contribution caps. - This NOT a good thing - That means forever having to pay into the SS system, which anyone under 35 will likely never get their money out of, because its falling apart at the seams.

MrBubbles said:
akuma587 said:

yeah...everyone learned that preemptive strikes are good things...history has proven this to be a fact and they have saved many lives.

I'm beginning to think that YOU are actually the anti-christ.

bardicverse said:
I'm voting for the side that does the LEAST amount of slandering of the other side. I can't stand people talking about the opposition. Tell me what YOU are going to do to fix the problem, not what the other guy is incapable of.

As for Bush, he is the poster boy for abortion "Dont let another one of THESE into the world" lol

You do realize that they're both going to slander each other for the next 2 months but then one of them is going to be making many much more important decisions that affect our lives in many ways for 4 years, right?

You're sure you don't have a single opinion about war, health care, the economy, energy, anything?

bardicverse said:
@ Steven - Not meaning to go too far off tangent but your tag, I must comment on -

# Lower taxes for most taxpayers. - Except for middle class. Dems always raise middle class taxes

# Removing Social Security contribution caps. - This NOT a good thing - That means forever having to pay into the SS system, which anyone under 35 will likely never get their money out of, because its falling apart at the seams.

First the bolded part: They've been saying that since the SSA started.

Second:

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/url.cfm?ID=411693

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/tax_tally_trickery.html

Your statements are just not true.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
bardicverse said:

First the bolded part: They've been saying that since the SSA started.

Second:

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/url.cfm?ID=411693

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/tax_tally_trickery.html

Your statements are just not true.

Oh no, it is a bad system. With more and more people living longer the more drain it is on the system. Removing the cap would solve the problem but frankly I dont want to pay for other people to live off the funds I put in so frankly I say SS needs to die.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453