By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - JP 360 price drop is moving consoles

http://kotaku.com/5048296/xbox-japan-price-reduction-start

stole this post from denki@kotaku

I just went and got an Arcade today after work- Shibuya was crazy. There is some kind of political speech going on so the Hachiko meeting area is incredibly crowded. I made my way through to the large Bic Camera, and even though I was only there for about 3 minutes there were about 4 people buying Xboxes. They didn't have any Arcades left (they decided to put all the 360s they had behind the register and not even bother stocking them, figuring to sell most of them and do the labor afterwards), so I went to the smaller Bic Camera (less than 3 minutes away) and was able to get one there. I think MS made a really good move with the price cut- first selling as many as possible through Tales of V-whatever bundles and hype, and then cutting the price to get all the people on the fence about buying one. Now I'm off to Shimokita to see if I can scrounge up some cheap used games...

People laughing about this week's JP 360 sales won't be laughing next week.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network

Price drop in Japan actually resulted in X360 sales falling from 3k last week to 1k this week. I guess no one wants an X360 in Japan.

omg 360' time is coming,

It is the time for every people in asia to own a 360.

The 360 is still supply constrained isnt it? Surely sales wont be much better

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

i think we will see the result in week3, week2 probably they still have stock problem

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Price drop in Japan actually resulted in X360 sales falling from 3k last week to 1k this week. I guess no one wants an X360 in Japan.

Well considering that the price cut in Japan started TODAY, 9/11 then how can you say that? I guess because people were waiting for the price drop which just happened TODAY!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Well considering that the price cut in Japan started TODAY, 9/11 then how can you say that? I guess because people were waiting for the price drop which just happened TODAY!

Thank you that guy is a moron. :)

Isn't it because of IU?

so actually they started 9/11 so week 2 probably just >4K, and maybe real price cut number will be at week 3

OMG....WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO!!!!!!!!!!

even if the 360 DOES sell like 15k....it's not that big of a deal