By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GoodOldGames - anyone using it?

I just bought Freespace 2 and got MDK2 for free with the code. (you can buy 2 Interplay games for 1 - or a Codemasters game and then get a free Interplay one)

The site's design is great IMO, the best catalogue browsing I've seen from these DD sytems. I know that the traffic is kinda low, but the site is really fast too, and buying the games is very easy. But the content servers seem a bit slow (bit-cast, something like that). I downloaded a wallpaper right now which never got past 50kb/s - I'll test with the games later.

Their catalogue right now isn't huge but they got a lot of Interplay games (MDKs, Descents & Freespaces, Fallouts, Giants, Messiah, Sacrifice, Shogo, etc) and a few Codemasters games, but right now only Perimeter and 1nsane are available (9.99). All Interplay games are $5.99.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

I have the beta key and the account. The only problem is that I don't have a credit card(I'm too young for one)

I also just got my beta key. The 2-for-1 Interplay deal is tempting me to buy both Fallout games for $5.99...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I still haven't got my beta-key, sadly.

You can get Freespace for free since it's source code was released. I recommend looking for the Freespace Source Code Project where you can get the Freespace games, but also the user base has made them look SO much better than when they originally came out.

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
You can get Freespace for free since it's source code was released. I recommend looking for the Freespace Source Code Project where you can get the Freespace games, but also the user base has made them look SO much better than when they originally came out.

then I bought MDK2 and got the original Freespace 2 from the devs for free :P

I'll take a look, thanks.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

This looks extremely interesting. Thanks for making me aware, I´ll keep an eye on it.

IllegalPaladin said:

I'll be applying the mods to Freespace 2 when I buy it - and I will be buying it because I want to support this site and six bucks ain't much.

I'm using it and loving it. I downloaded the original Fallout and Freespace. Gonna get my game on!