By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - problem with an XBOX game

Last night I decided randomly to sit down and play a game I got with my XBOX like 4-5 years ago.  The title was Amped.  Never really cared to play it (especially with those gawd-awful controllers) so it remained unopened until last night.  (I picked up a Microcon at some point and it improves the experience greatly). 

When I put the disc in, and started up the console I was faced with awe when I saw, what is essentially a BSOD.

A blue screen stating that there was a problem with the disc, maybe damaged or dirty, press A to try again blah blah blah.

Brand NEW, Never Played. No scratches or anything.

SO any way, outside of this bieng a funny story for you all.  What can I do about this?

I don't think resurfacing will fix it, it's not the problem in the first place.   I'm not sure if MS can replace the game because it's been so long.  Any suggestions?   I thought about maybe taking it to GameCrazy and seeing if it worked there, maybe I can trade it in or something.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

Did you try the game on an original Xbox or the Xbox360?

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

If its Xbox 360 you could always try updating your Backwards compatibility/Checking its compatibility status.

Tease.

I don't have my XBOX360 yet. The one I ordered online turned out to be a scam so we are getting our money back. I will go hunt one down on Sept. 7th

So it was my Original XBOX. Do you think The 360 might be able to play it instead?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

The game is listed in the 360 compatibility list. I'm assuming if you pop in an xBox game it'll automatically fetch the latest update/emu for it, however, I could be wrong.

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

Around the Network

Xbox360 Compatibility List

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally