By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo raises sales forecast!!!

Check it out, Nintendo has raised its sales forecast for the FY 2009!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/earnings/2008-08-29-nintendo_N.htm?csp=34

The Wii and the DS are just beating the stuffing out of Sony's systems! I couldn't be any happier than I am right now! I have waited, and waited, and WAITED for the day when Nintendo took the market back from Sony, and it has arrived with the current generation of systems! So much is the Wii beating the PS3, that Sony doesn't want to admit that it's losing, so they claim that the Wii and the PS3 aren't in the same market- they both play NEW games, don't they? They ARE BOTH the current generation of systems, and Sony has just experienced what Nintendo went through in the late 90's when Sony started beating the insides out of Nintendo. They said it wouldn't be possible. They said no company that small could beat a company that large. Sony has too many sources of income, Nintendo doesn't. It was only a matter of time before Nintendo was to join the ranks of Sega and Atari... NOT ANYMORE GUYS!!! Nintendo is not only back on the map, but this is the first time since the late 80's that Nintendo has the number one home system, the number one portable, the number one game, and been the number one software publisher! They have that now because Wii Fits are selling like there's no tomorrow! That's good, and bad. Good that Nintendo is cleaning up on America's "health craze", but bad because that shows everyone there's a market for these type of games, and I've been a hardcore gamer since 1974, and I want the games that originally made Nintendo the number one company!!!

30-someting now, 40-something next decade!

Around the Network

*Completely ignoring the wall of text*

Very Nice Nintendo.

Two thousand billion yen.

That's a lot of Ramen noodles.

We heard.... and wow I can't read that it would strain my eyes.

i waited and waited too, and im happy the time is here...
but now, we must beat the 360.

Uh huh. Good for you man.

Lets hope Nintendo doesn't drive gaming back into the Dark Ages with the success of the Wii. I like it, but wow... am I glad there are other options as well.

Having to play 1 of 100 varieties of Barbie Horse Riding Adventure or Carnival Games amongst the rare (but great) Zelda, Mario, Paper Mario, etc. releases would kill me.