By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Divine Divinity II RPG trailer

http://pc.9lives.be/games/divine-divinity-ii/nieuws/debuuttrailer-van-divinity-2-toont-drakenjager

Never played the original Divine but this looks cool.

"What happens when a dragon-slayer becomes the dragon"

Around the Network

Damn, the video is not loading now.

It did get a good score.  8.1/9

The video is loading now. That really caught my eye now this could be the 360s Lair pun totally intended.

^^Thanks. I gotta learn how to do that

Around the Network

Simple enough go to Gametrailers find a film you like then scroll down the page. You will find a box labeled share. Go to the line for embed, and left click that will highlight the entire thing, and then right click and copy. Then copy paste into a thread post. Scroll down and hit post. Voila your video should now embed.

360 LAIR
i seriously don't think this will be any good :/

After the Two Worlds debacle, I'll reserve judgment for no-name dev RPGs.

Looked interesting until the air to air dragon combat. I don't want this to be Lair, I want this to be an RPG!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

wow, was Lair that bad?

maybe someone here played the original Divine that can shed some light

A little cursory research shows that on Metacritic the first title received 81/100. With a number of reviewers rating it far more highly, and the worst score being a 68. So I think it is safe to assume that the developer is decent enough at what they do. Especially for what could be considered a tentative outing.

The previews of the dragon aspect thus far haven't been about aerial combat. They have instead talked up the fact that flying around can get you access to new places. Perhaps a high tower, or high up in a mountain. There is also that little hope that the developer might do something truly revolutionary and let you use the dragon to torment the towns folk. Anyway its a novel approach to exploration that should have been done long ago. These worlds are so massive that it is a colossal time sink to chop your way through the environment.

Perhaps I am a little more enthusiastic then most. This sounds like one of my dream games come true. I always wanted a game that married the fun of a role playing game with the three dimensional freedom of Pilotwings 64. Here is hoping that in dragon form you can attack the village, and eat the elders daughter. The best part no long term ramifications. Nobody will recognize your human form as being that dragon.