By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "360 Elite confirmed for Japan"

LOL like this will do anything...then again it might push some units...who knows??

Microsoft has dated the Xbox 360 Elite's arrival in Japan, where it will sell for 47,800 yen (approx $390), according to a press release on its Japanese Xbox Web site.

The package will include the black console, a black wireless controller, a black headset, and an HDMI cable. At the same time as the launch, the matching black wireless controllers will also go on sale in Japan, priced at 4,750 yen ($39).

The basic Xbox 360 currently sells in the country for 29,800 yen ($243), compared with Sony's PlayStation 3 60GB model at 59,980 ($490) yen, and Nintendo's Wii at 25,000 yen ($200).

Microsoft confirmed the plans to GameSpot, but said that a European date for the product had still not been released.

The latest sales figures for the consoles and handhelds in Japan showed the Xbox 360 trailing quite some way behind both the Wii and the PlayStation 3. For the week ending June 24, the Wii sold 65,582 units, the PS3 9,581, and the Xbox 360 only 3,369.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173588.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2

Around the Network

hm... I wonder how they're going to do it. On the surface it sounds like yet another drop of water in the vast and empty bucket that is Japanese non interest for the Xbox. But if Microsoft treated it like another "relaunch", then it might end up moving a couple consoles. Some Trusty Bell or Forza bundles (they love GT, so if they played it they'd love Forza too!), a slick advertising campaign, and some budget price rereleases of some of it's games to coincide with the Elite could have another system surge.

It won't do too much, but it will be yet another bump that the first box never had.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

yeah i agree...if only microsoft was to bundle halo 3 with the elite it would sell like crazy in japan...espically in america!!!!