By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Katamari Damacy for PS3

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/katamari-damacy-ps3-actu-76147.html

It is based on IGN news + Famitsu confirmation (no link sorry)

Translation : 

Namco claimed that there were some programation difficulties on the PS3 AND not enought PS3 sold in Japan.

It seems that a Wii version will be released ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Tear for the PS3 if this is true.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

libellule said:

Namco claimed that there were some programation difficulties on the PS3

I'm starting to hear this line more and more. If that translation is true, Sony should be crapping their pants right now and hiring people left and right to get better dev kits out, send out technical help, and reassure devs that the PS3 can produce beautiful games without breaking the bank.

Gamers heard this line many times about 12 years ago... It was called the Sega Saturn.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It has been rumoured for nearly a month, that Microsoft are in the process of striking up an exclusivity deal with Namco over the game....it then went all quiet and then a few days ago it was reported (although not confirmed), that the PS3 version wa dropped due to porting issues and stalled sales.

The rumours are that Microsoft will reveal all at E3 next week...trying to get one over Sony again.

Surely Katamari is a bigger seller in the Eastern Market than the Western...so why oh why would Namco release the game on the 360 and not the PS3.

Anyway, this stinks of loads of money and we will probably find out that Microsoft have a deal with Namco over the game, but who knows how much dosh Namco will receive for doing this.

It's a shame considering all the Katamari games have come out on the Playstation platform. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Ahhh well franchises change platforms. I mean FFVII all set for 64 development, but Square was sick of carts so moved to Sony. You can't say that was a bad move during the last ten years now can you?

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
libellule said:

Namco claimed that there were some programation difficulties on the PS3

I'm starting to hear this line more and more. If that translation is true, Sony should be crapping their pants right now and hiring people left and right to get better dev kits out, send out technical help, and reassure devs that the PS3 can produce beautiful games without breaking the bank.

Gamers heard this line many times about 12 years ago... It was called the Sega Saturn.

You're right ! I remember : Saturn was hard to programm because of the Dual CPU. 

Yu Suzuki (the Great) said : "One very fast central processor would be preferable. I don't think all programmers have the ability to program two CPUs" (thanks to wikipedia)