By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps3 will overtake the 360 for software sales on a weekly basis by march 09!

I know what your thinking that is a pretty bold statement, but a correct one! Reason I believe this by march 09 the 360 will no longer have the edge in terms of games, had it not been for their 1-year head start the 360 would have already been firmly in third place, where it would have stayed for the whole gen!

If you look at the software sales the ps3 is behind but not by much, the ps3 is gaining momentum and their install base is growing. If we look at multiplat games, the 360 has the edge but sales are close despite the 360 higher install base. The ps3 is well positioned in the software chartz, with two PS3 titles in top 20 and only one Xbox 360 title. Let's look at this week software totals:

Software Totals:

Xbox 360 - 1,194,170 (-14%) 139,861,204 6.89

PS3 - 808,619 (-21%) 66,663,149 4.52

Now as you can see the difference between the two is by roughly 390,000. Which in theory is not a lot, most off the 360 sales are generated from America, with no presence in Japan and slowly dying in Europe. America is where xbox 360 makes it money, i predict by christmas the ps3 will have shortened the gap in america, and widened it in europe and Japan. with all the big exclusives coming out in the fall the software gap will be shortened.

Looking ahead to 2009 and the future, 2009 looks very promising for the ps3. With customer demand increasing for hd and blu ray. Also factorin big titles such as iron man, dark knight etc. being released on blu ray will make the ps3 essential for any consumer, but in 2009 its all about the games! With blockbuster titles such as God of War 3, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Infamous, L.A. noire, MAG etc. with this unrivaled software line up the ps3 will only go up.

The ps3 is built like a tank, a machine that has the ability to last 10 years without overheating, no disrespect to the xbox 360, but the xbox 360 is not built for the future, it build for 6-12 months before the dreaded rrod hits you, no hate just stating simple facts.

With all these factors incorporated into my analysis, the ps3 software will overtake 360 software mid 09. by end of 2009 it will overtake 360 ww sales!

This is not fanboyism just pure analysis!

Feel free to troll!

IM BACK!!!!

Around the Network

fail...

PS3 ... tank... 10 year cycle.... x360.... rrod in 6-12 months

----

This is not fanboyism just pure analysis!

Feel free to troll!

Looks like you already took care of the trolling. It's a pity too as the analysis wasn't bad at all but that one paragraph about the ps3 as a tank reeks of fanboyism regardless of what you say.

possibly, but i wouldnt say PS3's software is unrivaled, wii and 360 and also getting pretty big titles as well. although in hardware PS3 is beating it in europe and Japan, it might not be the same story for software

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

possibly, but i wouldnt say PS3's software is unrivaled, wii and 360 and also getting pretty big titles as well. although in hardware PS3 is beating it in europe and Japan, it might not be the same story for software

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

So you get back from being banned and you do the exact same thing you got banned for.

The wierdest part is that I knew who made this thread without even checking. And the prediction is wrong.

@large: Hes an alternate account. Thats what they do. They can get banned but they just go back to they're normal account until the other in unbanned.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

This thread is locked, and you are warned. It would have been a fine thread if you didn't feel the need to troll. You just got back from a ban so try to behave.

Locked.