By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Bionic Commando Rearmed Getting PC-only Levels

Bionic Commando Rearmed Getting PC-only Levels

While the PC version of GRIN's downloadable action game Bionic Commando Rearmed will sell for $5 more than the console editions, Capcom producer Ben Judd has revealed that the PC release will be receiving some exclusive challenge rooms.

"I can give you a song and dance about PC digital content being more expensive as a general rule," he told the Bionic Commando blog, "but nobody wants to hear that crap. I can say this: for the PC version we are planning on uploading some additional PC-only challenge rooms via a free patch so you will get more bang for your buck."

An enhanced remake of Capcom's old-school swinging platformer Bionic Commando, Rearmed is set to debut on Xbox 360 tomorrow, with a PlayStation 3 and a PC release (via Steam and Direct2Download) following on Thursday. The console editions will sell for $9.99, while the PC release is priced at $14.99.

When the price was detailed last week, Capcom business development and strategic planning VP Christian Svensson explained the higher PC price was a result of "different business terms/expectations in [the PC] sector" and higher distribution costs, with $14.99 representing "an appropriate price for the platform."

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54147

Around the Network

Another reason to get it from steam, maybe I will buy it when the patch is out.

I have the game, and I don't want to say it's not worth it for that extra $5, but the challenge rooms are a very minor thing in the game. Unless they're adding on another 30 on top of the 8 i've encountered, I don't know if it warrants an extra $5.

Edit: I just found out there's 56 challenge rooms.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

was going to get it on the PS3 but PC won my money. What a shock. not.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

shio said:

Bionic Commando Rearmed Getting PC-only Levels

While the PC version of GRIN's downloadable action game Bionic Commando Rearmed will sell for $5 more than the console editions, Capcom producer Ben Judd has revealed that the PC release will be receiving some exclusive challenge rooms.

"I can give you a song and dance about PC digital content being more expensive as a general rule," he told the Bionic Commando blog, "but nobody wants to hear that crap. I can say this: for the PC version we are planning on uploading some additional PC-only challenge rooms via a free patch so you will get more bang for your buck."

An enhanced remake of Capcom's old-school swinging platformer Bionic Commando, Rearmed is set to debut on Xbox 360 tomorrow, with a PlayStation 3 and a PC release (via Steam and Direct2Download) following on Thursday. The console editions will sell for $9.99, while the PC release is priced at $14.99.

When the price was detailed last week, Capcom business development and strategic planning VP Christian Svensson explained the higher PC price was a result of "different business terms/expectations in [the PC] sector" and higher distribution costs, with $14.99 representing "an appropriate price for the platform."

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54147

That is actually a very surprising statement.

Around the Network

They'll probably put a minimal amount of effort into it.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I got it on Xbox 360 (awesome remake, I recommend it to everyone), and I'll even buy it on PC just to see those uncompressed textures (and enjoy these new levels)! It's worth supporting GRIN if they keep releasing good games like this one.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

is this game any good though i am not to sure if i want to get it or not

obieslut said:
is this game any good though i am not to sure if i want to get it or not

its been getting awesome reviews, ign gave it 9.4

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434