By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the re-rise of nintendo (newspaper)

I found this article in the newspaper of june 30th in a dutch newspaper.

Altho it contains a lot of information known already i tought i would be nice to translate it (on my best, so i hope you all understand) and post it.

For a little while the Japanese gamedeveloper Nintendo was worth more on the stockexchange then rival sony (N 3600 employees with 6 billion volume of trade vs S 160000 employees with 53 billion volume of trade). The mouse is roaring.

Twenty years of age are the brains of of Frank Rittinghaus working on the Nintendo Benelux (belgium, netherlands and luxembourg). Atleast, follow kawashima's braintraning. Nintendo released the game a year ago. "I was sceptical myself when we released the game"Frank says "but its our most succesful release of a game ever. nowadays the braintraning games have a 40% marketshare of the games we sell"

A year ago Nintendo was the gamedeveloper with mario as brand icon attracting teenagers playing mariogames on there gameboy while Sony kicked their butt as it comes to console gaming. Now nintendo is doing the same as the ps3 world wide ( i think its a mistake, unless they mean ps3 in the belenux, dunno). Nintendo countered the psp on the handheld market realy powefull. Mainly because it attracks a new group of people. the 35+ aged and woman. "when we started with Nintendo ds we had a market share of 55% vs psp. now its 80% (so i guess its benelux afterall, since psp is selling here quite good). Wich we that to the new gaminggroup. Nintendo had alot of succes with the braintraning, but also with the games brain age and english traning.

Many gamedevelopers are making braintraning games on both nintendo as their rivals. Ubisoft is fully concentrating making braintrainers for nintendo. "even with the sceptial view we had we still released the braintrain games just because it was a big hit in japan. around christmas we saw it was popular everywhere. Previous yers we where only on game events and gameshows. now a days we are staning on the "huishoudbeurs"(dont know the translation but its a huge market for woman with the newest trends and gadgets for housekeeping). and in bookstores" Nintendo is making a lot more braintrainers also for the wii. "for the ds we are planning alot more usefull programs, like a cooking game where they teach you recepies and you will use your ds as an errands list".

this was the article. many or even maybe everything was know already but its fun to read it in a newspaper.

hope you like it

life isn't complicated, just face it simple.

Around the Network

dang i must have missed it, from which one was it moe?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

parool (amsterdamse krant maar wel ook met landelijke dingen)

life isn't complicated, just face it simple.