By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: SquareEnix stopping all new PS3 dev until sales improve (& more)

Just caught this one on the-magicbox, along with the Sony waggle rumour and more...

http://the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

- Variety Asia reported that the top three Japanese game publishers are redirecting their development resources from Sony and Microsoft platforms to Nintendo's. Bandai Namco will increase Nintendo platform development by 109% to 115 titles; Sega will increase support by 96% to 49 titles this year; and Capcom will increase 5% to 20 titles.

- Variety Asia mentioned that Nintendo expects to ship 26.8 million units of Wii, Nintendo DS and GameBoy Advance software in the 2007 financial year, comparing to only 23.3 million units of software for PS3/PS2/PSP platforms.

- UNCONFIRMED: In addition, Square Enix expressed that they do not plan to develop any more new titles for PlayStation 3 until the console install base rises to a profit making level.

- UNCONFIRMED: EGM reported that a new installment of Parasite Eve is under development, which will be heading to home console.

- RUMOR: Sony will release a new "Waggle-Wall" bundle pack for PlayStation 2 in Christmas, for US$99, the Waggle-Wall is a Wii Remote type motion sensing controller, to compete with Wii. Sony has already registered the new controller for patent protection in December 2006.

Wow. Pure financial sense from Square Enix - "We aren't going to drive sales for you - you do that, then we'll join in".

I have to wonder what Sonys Waggle pack will do, and just how similar it will be to the Wiimote. If it gets too similar, I hope Nintendo has the balls to sue them.

The console battles are warming up - bring it on!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Just found another mini-story on the same page (another Wii game release):

- Tecmo announced Swing Golf Pangya 2 for WIi, the sequel to Swing Golf Pangya, the game will be released in Japan this winter, and you can purchase Hayabusa and Rachel (Ninja Gaiden Sigma) costumes in the game.

Here's hoping it has a bit more than the first one. Better controls, online support will do for starters. 

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

This has been discussed twice or three times already yesterday/today. Funny thing is how different the titles were for the previous ones compared to this one.

Doh. I hate being 12 hours behind (or ahead) of everyone! Miss all the juicy discussions.

I'll lock this page...

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website