By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - PC Modders & Overclockers

What's beneficial about having a silent computer?

Around the Network

Check out this site: http://www.silent.se/

They sum it up better then me :)

OriGin said:

Tispower - can't wait to get another 2 sticks of this Ballistix ram that i've got at the moment, it's going to be tough as fuck having 4 gig at this speed :D

Also Tis, you should consider whether you want to put your 6600 up to 3.0ghz, it's VERY easy to do and will not require any voltage changes, heat will not change too much with the stock cooler if that's what you are running and you will notice some nice performance increase.

Yeah stock cooling, although it's still really loud, and I couldn't work out what you're saying there, are you saying I need to replace my RAM? :/

Also, my dad doesn't really like overclocking, because he thinks the processor lifetime is affected, is that true?

Also, when surfing the internet like now, I use a really old Pentium III (800mhz!!!!) PC (which is my own one =[) that could do with some overclocking is it possible to overclock old machines like that. (For reference it has 256mb RAM, and an nVidia TNT2 Pro). Actually it should be faster, but XP Home edition doesn't support 2 processors =[ (as it is a Dell Workstation it has 2 PIIIs)

EDIT: yeah, I'll probs buy an 8800 when they come down in Price and Crysis is released  

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

I only clock my graphics card and only when it´s not to new anymore or if I read that it works fine from a reliable source, I also build my PC from scratch which issn´t really moding but some people are impressed anyway

Yeah the life span goes down from like 50 years to 15 years maybe... if you think you'll still be using the same CPU in 15 years think about what you were using as a PC 15 years ago?

Around the Network
OriGin said:
Yeah the life span goes down from like 50 years to 15 years maybe... if you think you'll still be using the same CPU in 15 years think about what you were using as a PC 15 years ago?

well I was 1, so errr...

that's good news then, never knew that CPU's could last 15years, let alone 50! and as we get through a PC about evry 4 years, well... 

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk