By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - PC Modders & Overclockers

Howdy People,

Just starting a thread to see if any people here mod, overclock and have fun with their computers? Or is it all just consoles here? It might be fun to discuss the setups everyone has and perhaps do some Benchmark rankings. 

Around the Network

i bought a modded pc last week, overlocked it to a 6100+
got 2 gig memory
asus X1950 pro crossfire

pretty good for the upcoming future i say =)

My pc case =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I love that case, i bought the same one in red last year. I don't really mod computers, but i do build them from the ground up for some sweet gaming on occasion, but mostly for schoolwork and programming (as a hobby).

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
I love that case, i bought the same one in red last year. I don't really mod computers, but i do build them from the ground up for some sweet gaming on occasion, but mostly for schoolwork and programming (as a hobby).

nice, i just can't get the temperature meter to work, i have no clue where to place the sensors since wherever i put it, it didn't indicate anything.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Does the Temp indicator come with a plug? It should plug onto your mainboard somewhere I would imagine, and you will need to enable it in the bios... usually a fan or something will be the place to splice it with if you need to splice...

I just recently put together a monster computer myself, I'm not home at the moment but I might post a pic of my setup when I get home.

Around the Network

Hey Neos how well overclocks the x1950? I'm gonna get one along an Athlon Brisbane and do some insane oc'ing

fazz said:
Hey Neos how well overclocks the x1950? I'm gonna get one along an Athlon Brisbane and do some insane oc'ing

ATIs generall don't overclock very well - you should get nvidia if that's your goal.

I can only manage a 17% overclock with mine.

You may also want to check this out - should help you immensely for your next GPU purchase:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/06/11/the_best_gaming_video_cards_for_the_money/

Y la plena, mejor ahorrate el billete por el momento hasta que salgan mas tarjetas DirectX10 - los precios de los DX9 van a bajar notablemente cuand esto ocurra, o por el mismo precio que pagas ahora por una DX9 podras conseguir una DX10 dentro de tres meses.

your mother said:
fazz said:

ATIs generall don't overclock very well - you should get nvidia if that's your goal.

You may also want to check this out - should help you immensely for your next GPU purchase:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/06/11/the_best_gaming_video_cards_for_the_money/

Y la plena, mejor ahorrate el billete por el momento hasta que salgan mas tarjetas DirectX10 - los precios de los DX9 van a bajar notablemente cuand esto ocurra, o por el mismo precio que pagas ahora por una DX9 podras conseguir una DX10 dentro de tres meses.

Lo unico es que una Radeon X1950 se consigue en $125 USD y una 7900 GS en un poco mas... pero si overclockea supongo y se compensa

I haven't played anything that require me to use overclocking yet, but I'll be sure to post if and when I am

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

your mother said:
fazz said:

No, we think that most people using ATI cards are having just a fantastic experience. The vast majority of the people love the clocks.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">