By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - how many units can the ps3 sell by end of year?

saw a thread similar to this with the 360 so thought it only be fair to see what people think the ps3 can sell...

15-17.9 million

18-19.9 million

20+       million

me personally i think it can sell around 4+ million giving it somewhere inbetween 18-19 million total. what do you all think?

Around the Network

im going to go with 20M...hopefully the new SKU coming can bring it there

AnarchyWest said:
im going to go with 20M...hopefully the new SKU coming can bring it there

yeah id like to see it the 20m mark but i went with a low guesstament (playing price is right rules...right?) :p

I am going to say somewhere between 37 and 12,000,000.

At this point, anything more accurate would just be a guess.

if we don't see any delays on PS3 games releasing throughout the Holidays
Resistance 2 MotorStorm 2 Socom Confrontation Little Big Planet...even the Home Beta it should do well against its competitors

Around the Network

I'd say PS3 is likely to reach 20 million sales by the end of the year at least. Aside from all the sales that SOCOM: Confrontation, LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2 are going to generate and the boost that the new 80GB SKU will cause, this Christmas is going to be a huge one for the PS3. It will not only be the first holiday season since the PS3 gained it's first undisputed AAA title, Metal Gear Solid 4, it's also the first holiday season since blu-ray became the standard HD format. With this Christmas all but guanranteed to be the biggest High Definition television/player/movie season ever as well as the PS3's status as the most adaptable and one of the cheapest blu-ray players on the market, I wouldn't be surprised if total worldwide PS3 sales reached upwards of 21 million by the new year.

I'd give it 50/50 on reaching 20 mil. It prob won't be too far off either way.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Going by my projections based off of 2007 sales, 21mil is pretty much the minimum end-year units sold, barring a disaster. The most consistent high-end projection is about 24mil.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

20+ million.

Sales predictions end of 08' (2008-7-27)

• PS3: 20. million
  • X360: 23. million
  • WII: 40. million        

PS3 to surpass X360 WW sales by Q2 2009

Hmmm, they sold around 5.6 million units in around 6 months (this year), so I'm definitely going to say 20+ million.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!