By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Real MGS4 ending **possible spoilers**

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/24/rumor-another-final-for-metal-gear-solid-4/

Be aware, the following article contains spoilers. Only proceed further if you have completed the game.

At the end of the game, sitting in your chair watching all the end and waiting through credits, you may have noticed that one line includes: “Voice of God: Hideo Kojima. You may have thought to yourself, i don’t remember any ‘Voice of God’. Well according to a website called GameBlog.fr, there could be another additional ending. They say that 6 months after the games release (December 12th), the extra ending will get unlocked. I don’t suppose you remember the significance of 6 months and Snake do you? Will we finally get to see the old star meet his death?

In case you’re wondering, it doesn’t work by changing the date on your PS3.

Dang, forgot to add a '?' to the topic title. That'd be....kinda crazy if true, I've never heard of something like this before. I wonder if u will have to beat the game again. Damn Kojima playing games with us!

Around the Network

That'd be awesome

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Wonder if its true.

Unless this is done through a network update, I don't see how changing the date on the PS3 wouldn't work. The whole "voice of god" thing could just be another one of Kojima's jokes.

Cool idea but I doubt it will happen if changing the date on your PS3 doesn't work. How else is the PS3 supposed to know what the date is? The only other way is through the internet but that connection isn't a guarantee for all users.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Tbone said:
Wonder if its true.

Post 666 OT: Sounds pretty cool, but in 6 months? still awhile away.

I'm guessing that they haven't made/finished it yet. What I thought was that just like some games get an update when u start it up (like super stardust hd just got not too long ago), it would do that for mgs4 and it would install the new ending. It wouldn't work by changing the date if they haven't uploaded the update

BeTa77 said:
Tbone said:
Wonder if its true.

Post 666 OT: Sounds pretty cool, but in 6 months? still awhile away.

Haha didnt see that but now it is 669.