By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kber81- for you about the wii remote(taken from Folks soul thread)

kber81 said in the folks soul sales thread about the wiimote

I'm not saying it doesn't work with wii-tenis but is it able to tell apart forehand and backhand move? When I looked on this game movement on the screen wasn't precise. How about speed control? In fact Wiimote is pretty primitive. AFAIK it needs starting points to calculate movement. I can't even imagine how it would work with real fighter. Punching in the air is one thing real deal is something totally different - How about legs, bodymove, jumps etc.

the wii mote can do for  Tennis:

forehand, backhand, shot speed(smashes, lobs, normal shots), tilt of your wrist in either direction to put spin on ball, shot direction (left, right, straight), can swing and end up with backspin on the ball (pro level)

in other words:  basically ANY shot that a person can make in Real tennis, the wiimote can do on the Wii.

same goes for batting, bowling, throwing,, boxing i am still learning, but that one is still a bit "rough"

the wiimote in the new harry potter game is your wand, wit hthe associated guestures 

Around the Network

Thsi was my response to kber in that thread but rather than retype just gonna repost it here since it is more relevent to this thread anyways.

The WiiMote can recognize those actions(backhand forehand and spin) with no problem. You can use the Wii mote on your PC and see the inputs it is extemely amazing how accurate it really is.

that said the game can not recognize something that is not programmed in. Wii sports was meant to simple so that anyone can play but yet it is complicated enough that nayone can get better at it. If they don't program the backhand in than you can try all you want it will never recognize it.

Another problem is the one you mentioned in boxing ad that is how animations coincide with real time motion. Swing your wii mote like a sword and you keep going forward but if in the game the sword gets blocked the animation stops and the controller will have to programmed to respond like that. In Wii boxing the animations are actually slower than the human actually punching once again this is going to be in their for balancing issues so that people will play multiplayer. If you punch than punch again it will disregard the second punch if it is started to early so it seems buggy.

Programmers will have to learn how to program the exceptions for motion sensing and that will take a lot of thought and time something that most don't have if they want to get games out soon.

it is one of the reasons you see so many PS2 ports. all of the development goes into the controls and they use their PS2-GC conversion kits to do the graphics.