By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy: Crisis Core screns- yes this is a PSP game!!!!

Looks better than a lot of PS2 games.... 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I don't have a PSP right now, I used to but now I don't. I may have to remedy this situation. When is it supposed to come out?

theshoe23 said:
I don't have a PSP right now, I used to but now I don't. I may have to remedy this situation. When is it supposed to come out?

Fall 2007 in Japan so next year sometime here...

The PSP has shaders three years ahead of any 6th gen system. Of course it would be great in that departement. In other words, I'm not surprised that is a PSP game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Little mofo has got power thats for sure.

This and Gow are stunning.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
The PSP has shaders three years ahead of any 6th gen system. Of course it would be great in that departement. In other words, I'm not surprised that is a PSP game.

Cause you know all PSP game have looked this good.

Holy shit! looks awesome! =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

They look awesome.

I've always thought that handhelds were a bit crappy, but Squeenix are making me rethink that.

ckmlb said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Cause you know all PSP game have looked this good.

Few developers have truly bothered to take advantage of the PSP's shading power. Since I've been learning a lot about specs, I've seen a lot of what can be done, so I knew that the PSP was capable of a lot of shading detail. This is just one of the first games to truly show that off.

And it's fortunately that shading has overtaken polygon count as the measure of graphical detail, since a high polygon count would drain the PSP's battery. Yet since games like RE4 and Half-Life 2, we've seen that polygon count can be reduced and actually add greater detail. This is where the PSP truly shines.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

the more I see of this game the more I want it