By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm leaning to GHIV now

From the Kotaku live blog:

"For the drums ... there is a port that allows players to play the game with any drum kit or beat box via mini-plug"

It's not midi, but it sure sound like I might be able to use my Roland drums!

Around the Network

I'll just stick with my 505 and FL studio.

Leetgeek said:

I'll just stick with my 505 and FL studio.

That's fine if that works for you. I like playing the drums and it would be great to use my kit with my friends who don't play real instruments.

FishyJoe said:

From the Kotaku live blog:

"For the drums ... there is a port that allows players to play the game with any drum kit or beat box via mini-plug"

It's not midi, but it sure sound like I might be able to use my Roland drums!

Joystiq is saying it is a midi-port. It is supposed to support any drum kit or drum machine.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Woo!!! Even better!!! Thanks for the update!

It's now become a first day buy for me!

Around the Network

Now this is what I'm talking about! I'm so happy, this just made E3 for me! Thanks Activision!

Wow after reading all of the features of this game, I'm even more impressed.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/15/joystiq-live-at-activisions-non-e3-press-conference/

8:22: Kick pedal port allows for Y-splitter and double bass pedals. Another port is for future expansions. A midi in port for plugging in ANY electronic drum kit or drum machine to play with Guitar Hero. Can also be used for song creation mode. We're really impressed right now. Test presentation of playing the drum pads as a midi controller. Looks like it just became that much easier to have a unified drum set for Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

Maybe it should be refered to as GH5, or at least GHIV-aids.

I'm leaning toward GHIV just b/c the drum kit has the raised cymbals. I didn't buy a music game last year, so I'm ready for one this year.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Holy sh*t! They have keyboards too!

Yay I love Guitar hero.