By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Band of Bugs this Wednsday: Sweet Isometric Strategy Batman!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/797/797385p1.html

With this and Castlevainia:SOTN, I can die happy.

I didn't really know alot about this game till kn mentioned a new Ninja Bee game coming out. NB has a pretty good track record, and Outpost Kaloki X was great.

Basically, it's an online multiplayer + offline isometric RPG, ala Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics. It looks to be uber-sweet when it comes out. If I had the $10 or so it costs (and the broadband), it'd be first day.

XBLA is really stepping up on the quality of it's titles. We've had about 10 huge games so far this year on XBLA that have been very impressive.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I am looking forward to this game tomorrow. The demo sounds quite extensive also so I should be able to have a good idea if I like the game before committing the 800 points.

This looks to be a great game. And I agree that the live titles (the remake of PoP was sweet as well) are a very strong offering. I'd love to see sales figures on those games.

there are a few very rough estimates for the games. NeoGAF has a link to a huge tag website that has tons of info on the sellthrough of XBLA titles. I'll post a link shortly.

Anyone play this one yesterday? I'm traveling so I can't grab a demo until this weekend, but I'm looking forward to checking it out.

BTW, how many 'levels' are there on the "adventure" on outpost kaloki?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

I tried it and bought it shortly after a few minutes with the demo. It is very similar to "Gladius" which was a great turn based tactical game on the original x-box.

Initally it seems quite simple, but the more you play the more depth shows up.

kn, I want to say there are around 13 missions on the adventure and war story sets. This doesn't include the extra free missions you can download (I think there are 3?).

Overall, OKX takes quite a bit of time to finish everything - I'd say 10~15hrs on your first runthrough not caring about gold medals.

I bought band of bugs this morning.  I only played it up until the demo ends, but that is enough to tell me that this is a great game for 10 bucks.  I love the use of direction and height to add complexity to otherwase basic attacks.  I'll come back and provide some more input after I've played a bit.

Ninja Bee certainly has a great developer group as they are turning out very entertaining software.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.