By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Manhunt 2 Banned in UK, Germany and Australia to follow.

According to this article : http://darkzero.co.uk/v4/games/news/12336  The game is banned due to extreme violence and all that crap. So what would this mean for total sales of Manhunt 2, will this affect alot?

Uk'ers are just wussies :D j/k 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

All the more incentive to buy it lol

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Going to be a highly imported game then.

Stuff like this usually backfires. They will probably sell a couple hundred thousand copies in the UK alone. (Of course they will all be imported)

No surprises here, expect it to be banned in a lot more countries...

Also makes it impossible to play in Australia, unless its on a modded Wii...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Uk'ers, Aussies and germans can just buy it from any other european country. I know for sure this game won't be banned in Norway, which means it won't be banned in Sweden or Denmark either

well thing is will this game be in english in norway, and have a english box art.

In Spain and France and other countries of European Union the game will not be banned, so they can buy there (thanks internet) without any problem.

Is it likely to be illegal to import it into the country under an obscene publications act.
Are we going to see arrests of people wanting to play a fantasy game just incase they mimic the actions in it.

I wasn't going to buy it cuz it's not my type of game and far too gory for me to enjoy but I will buy it now, I'm not having a panel of old men telling me I cannot play it when it is pure fantasy and hurts no one.

It means for all intensive purposes people in these countries won't play Manhunt 2. People here who think a hundred thousand people will import this game from other countries are out of their mind. Very few will import. They'll go and buy Resident Evil 4 and forget Manhunt 2 ever exsisted. Maybe if it was GTA yeah a lot would import, but Manhunt doesn't cause very much excitement among gamers, so most will say to hell with it.