By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take Two jumps on the N-Train

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=166169

Take Two ramps up Nintendo support
Monday 18-Jun-2007 3:24 PM Now working on Wii and DS strategies following Nintendo's success

Take Two has jumped on the Nintendo-loving bandwagon, noting the success of Nintendo's two consoles and pledging to raise its support for both the Wii and DS going into the next year.

In its Q2 earnings call, Take Two chairman Strauss Zelnick said: "To be perfectly frank, I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to realise what's going on with Wii and DS. I will tell you that very quickly we turned to both 2K and to Rockstar and said 'guys, we need a DS strategy and a Wii strategy,' and we are working on it."

Adding to the immanent and highly controversial release of Manhunt 2 on Wii, Zelnick declared that new games are on the way, and it was evaluating the suitability of its sports-based titles on the Nintendo platforms, reports Next-Gen. Ping Pong on Wii, anyone?

"Sports aren't as good as games develop for specific platforms but we are looking at all of them across the board for Wii and DS.

"I will tell you that carnival games that we've announced for the Wii have gotten a lot of attention in the marketplace, as well as with our first-party partners. So we are pretty excited about that," he concludes.

Around the Network

I would love to see a Bully sequal for the Wii, I think it would be perfect. It's a little lighter and more innocent then GTA, it's loaded with fun mini-games, that could make great use of the wii-mote, and it sold fairly well for the ps2. I think it would appeal to the demographic rather well. Either way I'm dying for a Bully 2 on any system. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a port of it either on the 360 or the Wii.