By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Xbox360 Ring of Fire - song

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=73670

LOL, damn they got skills.

Around the Network

The song is catchy but still Blue3 you are picking a fight.

Yojimbo said:
The song is catchy but still Blue3 you are picking a fight.

iam just spreading joy and awareness.

be thankful i care so much!

awareness

One thing I find ironic is that there isn't more outcry about from vivid M$ / XBox fans and media (consoles breaking down en masse, not with regard to spreading consumer awareness). Many of the people experiencing problems made fun of the PS2. I never owned a PS2 myself but overall they do seem to last a lot longer.

IMO it's a serious issue, funny as the more vivid XBox 360 fans during launch questioned the PS3's reliability all of the time whenever there was a minor issue to report (also angry posts regarding the currently excellent backwards compatibility I enjoy, relatively minor scaling issues which have been fixed, pointing fingers to the initial lack of DVD upscaling which has now been added and offers a much better quality than the XBox 360 which only got this feature through a firmware update anyhow, etc). Now they know they can't touch the PS3 when it comes to overall reliability and so they divert their efforts to criticizing the good old PS2 again.

IMO consoles are meant for our entertainment, consoles breaking down seriously affects this and shouldn't be tried to be shoved under the carpet by the fans. I think new consumers should be fully aware of what kind of product they are buying. I wasn't until I ran into problems myself and found an avalanche of reports from people breaking 3 to even 7 consoles in this very short timespan.

This despite I've had quite lenghty discussions on the merrits of the PS3 vs the XBox 360 with some fans, the fans should have made me more aware of these problems as maybe I wouldn't have run into problems myself, being more cautious of overheating and of course getting rid of the thing instead of buying new software for this cheaply built console.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

A question, meant as food for thought:

Not taking into account the additional hardware features and performance the PS3 hardware allows in comparison to the XBox 360, how much is it worth to you to pay extra for a XBox 360 version so the console actually lasts at least 5 years or more on average? (I don't mean extended warranties, I mean a pretty hassle free user experience, and no the Elite has similar problems!)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

This is something that definitely puts me off about buying a X360 .I mean ,if the thing doesnt stop breaking (and here in Spain you have to send it to Germany to repair it !) then it cant be fun .It gives you problems and worries and ultimately all the software you buy for it may one day be expensive coasters and the console itself a beatiful paperweight .The PS3 ,on the other hand ,works like a dream for such a sophisticated piece of tech .The PS2 may have had all the problems you wont ( I have never had one so I dont know ) but the PS3 is pure quality in its making ,components and performing .

I'm always worried about my 360 red ringing and if it did a few times as it has to some other people I can see myself getting too pissed off and just turning it in to get some money back off of it even if it means missing some great games.

Luckily so far I haven't had it happen, yet... *crosses fingers*

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!