By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 and vista/mediaplayer 11

make sure your ps3 is connected

go to windows media player
on the top select library
then media sharing
when the window pops up and you see unknown device or whatever you may see, right click and allow.

it should work.

im using xp by the way but since its windows media 11 i dont think it should be any different

Around the Network

Just wondering, but does anyone ever have any trouble using DNLA devices and accessing the PSN at the same time?

Usually when I enable DNLA, it cuts me off from the PSN. If I try to sign back on, it occasionally will let me, but then it cuts me off from my DNLA devices. After a while, it cuts me off from both. Sometimes, and I mean VERY rarely, it'll let me access the PSN and DNLA stuff at the same time, but usually it's just a big battle between the two, culminating in neither working.

And when I disable DNLA devices, the PSN works flawlessly.

Whenever i try connecting my ps3 to media sharing.....it doesn't even show up under the list...upsetting rawr...anyhelp? I set my ps3 to meda server search..

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

If you're having problems getting media sharing under windows media player working, after first checking you don't have a firewall blocking upnp connections or anything like that, I suggest giving xbmc for winodws a go.

http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34457

download the latest build and set up the upnp. I use it because upnp for media player is disabled on Server 2008. Works like a charm.

@makingmusic476       Never had a problem with the two working together.

Yes